Asus M80TA stylus is not working I2C HID Device Error Code10

Anonymous
2014-04-25T19:03:01+00:00

Hi,

I have an M80TA Asus vivotab note 8, which has worked fine for almost 2 months. Then suddenly the stylus wasn't registered, but after a reboot everything seemed to work again. The next day it happened again but then the stylus stopped working at all. I receive code 10 error message regardless whether the wacom driver is installed or not. I also went through the latest wacom driver install / remove, removed the display adapter but to no avail (this was suggested in a related thread).

I've reinstalled the whole windows wiping the whole drive, but still nothing. The same error 10 appears. Is it possible that the wacom stylus has gone out of work? Are there any fixes I should download from Microsoft?

Please help me in solving this issue.

Roland

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-26T16:01:27+00:00

Hi Roland,

Let’s check the following registry location:

Note: You need to log in as administrator to perform this task.

Important: Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

  • Use your hand to perform these steps.
  • Press Windows key + R key.
  • Type regedit in the run box, hit Enter in the keyboard.
  • In the Registry Editor, navigate to the below location:

*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class*

  • You should see a long list of registry subkeys, try to find the below registry key.

4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

  • Right click on it and click Delete.
  • When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  • Exit Registry Editor.
  • Restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, please contact the Asus support.

http://vip.asus.com/FORUM/

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T14:09:55+00:00

    This "fix" appears to remove the ability for the screen to auto rotate and not help with the problem of wacom driver not stating (code 10)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-08T05:45:22+00:00

    Hi, I had the same problem, it's was a hardware issue. It's not hard to buy and replace the cable, check DIY fix. There are two cables, one for touch and one for stylus. You can save your M80TA following the instructions and YouTube videos mentioned there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-17T04:34:07+00:00

    Hi,

    I had this same problem, first the touchscreen altogether, then the pen.

    I have finally solved it, following some advice on line.

    Opening the tablet, there is a cable for the touch screen that might get a bit loose.

    I have just tried to push both ends in, without even taking it out.., closed the tablet, switched on.. e voila!

    I had been searching everywhere.

    So this are the steps: first run the troubleshooting of windows 10.

    If the troubleshooting says that the i2c device cannot be started, just switch off, open the tablet and try to push the cable in at both ends.

    I have found this video online that shows which one is the cable.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOn1_Z5d2w

    it shows how to change it, but I used it to understand which cable it is.

    This video instead, has shown me how to open the vivotab 8 note:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNH2837P6AM

    that has really helped me, since when it is about opening tablets and computer, I normally start to think to a new device to buy..

    I hope this helps those who are looking for answers to the touch screen and pen stylus that have stopped working on the Asus vivotab note 8.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-03T21:24:25+00:00

    No, I wasn't getting an error code.  Devices were just missing after Windows Update.

    No Stylus, No Touch, No Sound...device manager had no explanation marks.  Had to restore to factory twice after getting Windows Updates.  Not sure which update to avoid so avoiding all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments