Asus M80TA stylus is not working I2C HID Device Error Code10

Anonymous
2014-04-25T19:03:01+00:00

Hi,

I have an M80TA Asus vivotab note 8, which has worked fine for almost 2 months. Then suddenly the stylus wasn't registered, but after a reboot everything seemed to work again. The next day it happened again but then the stylus stopped working at all. I receive code 10 error message regardless whether the wacom driver is installed or not. I also went through the latest wacom driver install / remove, removed the display adapter but to no avail (this was suggested in a related thread).

I've reinstalled the whole windows wiping the whole drive, but still nothing. The same error 10 appears. Is it possible that the wacom stylus has gone out of work? Are there any fixes I should download from Microsoft?

Please help me in solving this issue.

Roland

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-26T16:01:27+00:00

Hi Roland,

Let’s check the following registry location:

Note: You need to log in as administrator to perform this task.

Important: Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

  • Use your hand to perform these steps.
  • Press Windows key + R key.
  • Type regedit in the run box, hit Enter in the keyboard.
  • In the Registry Editor, navigate to the below location:

*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class*

  • You should see a long list of registry subkeys, try to find the below registry key.

4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

  • Right click on it and click Delete.
  • When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  • Exit Registry Editor.
  • Restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, please contact the Asus support.

http://vip.asus.com/FORUM/

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-20T14:32:49+00:00

    As owners of this tablet, we have been trying to solve this issue by ourselves for years now! Still no improvement though.

    I also tried many of the fixes described here and there, some worked with win 8.1 for some time, many didn't with win 10. But now I realized that the pen actually is working at the welcome screen, I can use pen to type my password, then as the windows fully starts, the pen stops working. So it cannot be a hardware issue. It is just a simple conflict of the driver with something else. My question was if anyone has idea what this can be, or how to find the other service or software which causes this?

    But then I run msconfig.exe and selected "Diagnostic startup" and pen was working properly.. Of course many other things were not.

    Then I decided to restart normally, and run services.exe and try to stop each service other than the ones that were running at the diagnostics startup to find the problematic service. I started with Wacom ISD Service. I stopped it. And pen started working!? Will you please try this and announce if it works for you as well?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-25T22:56:35+00:00

    Mine stopped working also.  I got my pen working again and haven't had a problem so far

    I uninstalled the driver

    Reboot

    Went to the Asus support for M80TA drivers and tools

    There I downloaded the wacom digitizer under Others

    Save

    Then go to download folder, unzip and run setup

    It should prompt you to restart.

    Pen should work upon restart

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-28T09:56:59+00:00

    Hi Roland,

    I understand that, even after a complete restore, touch is not working and you are unable to delete the registry entries . This issue might happen, if the system recovery image is damaged. Please contact ASUS support and check if they can help you restore the computer to factory restore using another image.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-28T05:56:42+00:00

    Hi Babu,

    I've tried it several times. I set every single entry's permission to full access and it still didn't work. I restored everything using the windows recovery and tried again with the same result. (I need a complete restore, since when trying to restore the registy from the exported file, I get permission error and complain about entries opened and used by the system.)

    Do these tablets have a custom tailored windows 8.1? 

     Thanks,

    Roland

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments