This worked for me! Thanks
Running 8.1
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Help , I am trying to find out why my Indexing is not running at all. I tried rebuilding the index which doesn't show anything at all. I have never
encountered this problem. I tried the Windows troubleshooter and its response is comic all (Indexing is not working). I have a hard time searching
for anything. I did a check disc on my C drive but its working fine. Any Ideas I would truly appreciate it. Bob G._2014
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This worked for me! Thanks
Running 8.1
Will the next Win update include a fix for the indexing problem please? It's impossible to find emails on my PC since upgrading from Win 8 to 8.1 and it's very frustrating. I depend heavily on sent and received emails and it's a nightmare without the indexing facility - my PC says it's trying to index 4433 messages and it's been 'stuck' there for weeks. I'd rather not migrate to an alternative OS but my work is suffering as a result of this problem. Can you provide some assurance that Microsoft is working on a patch and will issue an upgrade soon please? Many thanks.
Will the next Win update include a fix for the indexing problem please? It's impossible to find emails on my PC since upgrading from Win 8 to 8.1 and it's very frustrating. I depend heavily on sent and received emails and it's a nightmare without the indexing facility - my PC says it's trying to index 4433 messages and it's been 'stuck' there for weeks. I'd rather not migrate to an alternative OS but my work is suffering as a result of this problem. Can you provide some assurance that Microsoft is working on a patch and will issue an upgrade soon please? Many thanks.
I had spent two hours giving full control of my PC to Microsoft support engineer and she was not able to fix the issue that had bugged me for months. Finally someone from community had suggested the following solution and my PC is now working fine. I suggest you try these steps and hopefully it will work in your case as well:
keyboard, press the Windows logo and the letter R. It will launch the
"Run" box.
"regedit"
Registry Editor and rebuild your Index
After many months of searching (no pun) for a solution and hours and hours of reading about this issue up and down the forums, this solution finally worked for me. I made the change tonight and will have to see if the fix persists. Thanks to whoever discovered this. MS, I add my vote asking you to build a true and permanent solution into 8.1 Update 1. Finally my Event Log can rest easy for awhile.
I wish you well but the technique worked for me allowing my PC to re-index my drives over the next few hours. I was so pleased! Then the next day my PC went back to the same unable to index state. Re-trying the fix a second time did not work. MS told me to reinstall WIndows. When I have a few days spare - ha ha - I will do that. As a stopgap I am using Copernic Desktop Search to find information.