Indexing not running in Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-10-26T15:38:03+00:00

Help ,  I am trying to find out why my Indexing is not running at all. I tried rebuilding the index which doesn't show anything at all. I have never

encountered this problem. I tried the Windows troubleshooter and its response is comic all (Indexing is not working). I have a hard time searching

for anything. I did a check disc on my C drive but its working fine. Any Ideas I would truly appreciate it.                   Bob G._2014

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-11T09:12:35+00:00

    Restart-Service WSearch -Force

    I tried it but without any success. Please confirm that I need to type the above command by going to command prompt, under C:|\windows\system32 directory, which is what I did. I get a response "restart-service is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" What mistake am I making?

     I sincerely hope that Microsoft or community will soon find a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-11T06:40:10+00:00

    Many thanks for your reply. I tried to see the registry entry as per your suggestion. At HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE|Microsoft\Windows Search\FileChangeClientConfigs  Iget ab (Default)    Type : REG_SZ    Data (value not set).

    Please help what needs to be done next.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-11T05:01:43+00:00

    Did you do this at the cmd prompt, I haven't tried this yet I did try and copy to command prompt but  was told its not a operable command

    Yes please I did try at CMD prompt and got a message that it is not a recognized command.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-10T22:21:05+00:00

    Did you do this at the cmd prompt, I haven't tried this yet I did try and copy to command prompt but  was told its not a operable command

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-10T22:17:06+00:00

    I do not have any registry keys in the mentioned regedit section

    ***In the Registry; sub values in the entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE|Microsoft\Windows Search\FileChangeClientConfigs pointed to SkyDrive. (I suggest that you verify this on your systems prior to proceeding)***

    Windows Search only has Name: DEFAULT Type: REG_SZ   Data: 0

    Nothing else is in there

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments