Indexing not running in Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-10-26T15:38:03+00:00

Help ,  I am trying to find out why my Indexing is not running at all. I tried rebuilding the index which doesn't show anything at all. I have never

encountered this problem. I tried the Windows troubleshooter and its response is comic all (Indexing is not working). I have a hard time searching

for anything. I did a check disc on my C drive but its working fine. Any Ideas I would truly appreciate it.                   Bob G._2014

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-02T00:10:37+00:00

    I went through the process recommended above and got the following message after "Verification 100% complete": "Windows Resource Protetion found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log windir\logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\logs\CBS\CBS.log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.

    That means we need something else to fix the indexing problem...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-27T10:36:44+00:00

    Hi Bob,

    -          Did this issue occur after upgrading to Windows 8.1?

    Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

    Follow the steps:

    a) Press “Windows Key + Q Key” to open Charms Bar.

    b) Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.

    c) On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

    d) Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

    You can go through the link below as a reference.

    Indexing and Search: Frequently asked questions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/search-index-faq

    Let us know about the status of the issue. We would be happy to help you further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments