Indexing not running in Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-10-26T15:38:03+00:00

Help ,  I am trying to find out why my Indexing is not running at all. I tried rebuilding the index which doesn't show anything at all. I have never

encountered this problem. I tried the Windows troubleshooter and its response is comic all (Indexing is not working). I have a hard time searching

for anything. I did a check disc on my C drive but its working fine. Any Ideas I would truly appreciate it.                   Bob G._2014

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-12T06:48:48+00:00

    Had this problem with windows 8.1 and was able to sole it using the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Search\FileChangeClientConfigs to change the name as suggested.

    Have since upgraded to windows 10 and the problem has disappeared. I am not able to locate the file under Win 10. May be a clean install of windows 10 using downloaded ISO file from Microsoft site will help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-11T16:17:18+00:00

    Hi there

    I am having this problem now ever since I upgraded to Windows 10. I had many problems with Windows 10 in Outlook and still my computer has not recovered. I have reverted to Windows 8.1 and indexing is not working. Outlook still crashes every hour it is very frustrating. Anyway I need to resolve the indexing problem but I cannot locate this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Search\FileChangeClientConfigs to change the name as suggested.

    How do I do this?

    Thank you.

    Regards

    F

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-29T03:42:12+00:00

    it was fixed my index before i run my registry cleaner app..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-22T02:44:30+00:00

    This worked for me as well. In the solutions above, the string 

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Search\FileChangeClientConfigs

    Didn't exist.

    In my case, I do use OneDrive (ala SkyDrive) as I use so many different devices, so it's essential that I maintained that functionality.

    Thank you for this post :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-07T15:34:51+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for sharing the information.

    Your efforts to work on this issue is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to post your query here on Windows Forums, we would be happy to assist you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments