Black screen after login to my account.

Anonymous
2014-08-26T17:45:47+00:00

Original Title: black(blank) screen.

Hi

  I have a windows 8.1 (64 bit) built-in  Toshiba laptop , my laptop worked properly till yesterday i didn't face any problem but today morning i just click the start button and i signed in with a user password and a got ablack (blank) screen. I can see the cursor working , keypad ,dvd r/w working nothing else

    I  go through the microsoft community for solution but it ain't work for me...Please anybody help me........ 

 I tried low resolution mode so its not a graphic card driver problem...

 I tried safe mode its working but I couldn't get access to all features

 I tried safe mode with networking in this I can access  internet  not all the features

  but in normal mode I am accessing (playing) songs , movies (vlc) ,notepad , internetand some of the features through task manager using ctrl+alt+del.,

 but I couldn't access control panel , run , no apps .......

 I am getting windows updates but I couldn't able to install them because of not getting access to control panel...

 Finally I am not getting Start screen ....

 this is really irritating............please please anybody help me with the solution............

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-08-28T17:03:55+00:00

just got my apps up and running. After logging on black screen appears with curser only so you need to do the following.

1..........press  ctrl + alt + del

2..........click on task manager

3..........in task manager click on file drop box opens

4..........then click on new task when it opens

5..........type in   msconfig    in the open box

6..........click ok and system configuration box comes up

7..........click on tools a list opens

8..........click on restore reset to earlier date ( bottom of the list ) a box opens restore to this date, but

9..........you need to click on choose earlier date select the earliest date available

and that's it worked for me none of the fixes worked I tried most of them and got more and more frustrated

hope this works for you

                    steve

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-08-27T00:32:14+00:00

Hi

  I have a windows 8.1 (64 bit) built-in  Toshiba laptop , my laptop worked properly till yesterday i didn't face any problem but today morning i just click the start button and i signed in with a user password and a got ablack (blank) screen. I can see the cursor working , keypad ,dvd r/w working nothing else

    I  go through the microsoft community for solution but it ain't work for me...Please anybody help me........ 

 I tried low resolution mode so its not a graphic card driver problem...

 I tried safe mode its working but I couldn't get access to all features

 I tried safe mode with networking in this I can access  internet  not all the features

  but in normal mode I am accessing (playing) songs , movies (vlc) ,notepad , internetand some of the features through task manager using ctrl+alt+del.,

 but I couldn't access control panel , run , no apps .......

 I am getting windows updates but I couldn't able to install them because of not getting access to control panel...

 Finally I am not getting Start screen ....

 this is really irritating............please please anybody help me with the solution............

Hi Kumar,

Please try the following troubleshooting:

  1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
  2. Do a left click on the power option at the bottom right of the screen
  3. Press and hold down the 'Shift' Key and do a left click on Restart, you should be seeing 'Please Wait'
  4. Click on Troubleshoot=> Advance Options=> StartUp Settings=> Restart
  5. Post Restart the same Blue Screen will appear with a list options, once have that screen in front of you, push the 'Number 5' on your Keyboard, in a couple of seconds you should be in 'Safe Mode with Networking'
  6. Go to Control Panel=> Programs and Features, scroll down and look for "Search Protect"..
  7. Uninstall "Search Protect" and then perform a Clean Boot
  8. After you have performed a Clean Boot, you should be able to boot to the desktop...

I Hope it Helps...Please revert for any further questions...

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-02T07:19:33+00:00

On another forum on this site I found a solution to this problem that worked for me, the person who posted it was JL10174

Hope that it works for you too.....

I restored my pc to another restore point and it worked for me.....................................

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

62 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-30T20:40:33+00:00

    I totally agree with you SarahLG, and I'll wait eagerly for your post with the solution you found.

    The selected answer is not "The Answer", but an answer to an unrelated, much simpler problem.

    "black screen issues" do not have one answer, since they come in many different forms.  

    Some Windows users can try to fix their "black screen issue" by going into safe mode

    (made easier with this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/enable-the-f8-key-in-windows-8)

    Other Windows users (like me) cannot use safe mode to fix "black screen issues" because going in safe mode will result in... yet another "black screen issue".  Luckily in my case the "black screen issue" will go away by itself after an hour or so of constant manual rebooting (using the power button).

    I agree that checking graphics drivers, connecting the display to another graphics port, checking for corrupt files, temporarily disabling anti-virus etc. etc. will in most cases not cause more damage, but it can aggravate the problem and waste people's time.

    Microsoft should write a proper script for identifying the different "black screen issues".  Trying to copy Apple's superfast booting in Windows, by disabling diagnostics is just plain stupid in the Windows world with thousands of different hardware manufacturers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-30T21:42:31+00:00

    I understand that this is NOT the answer to this question. This is the answer to an unrelated issue. However, I do not have the ability to 'unmark as answer.' If someone else has the ability to do this, please do!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments