Black screen after login to my account.

Anonymous
2014-08-26T17:45:47+00:00

Original Title: black(blank) screen.

Hi

  I have a windows 8.1 (64 bit) built-in  Toshiba laptop , my laptop worked properly till yesterday i didn't face any problem but today morning i just click the start button and i signed in with a user password and a got ablack (blank) screen. I can see the cursor working , keypad ,dvd r/w working nothing else

    I  go through the microsoft community for solution but it ain't work for me...Please anybody help me........ 

 I tried low resolution mode so its not a graphic card driver problem...

 I tried safe mode its working but I couldn't get access to all features

 I tried safe mode with networking in this I can access  internet  not all the features

  but in normal mode I am accessing (playing) songs , movies (vlc) ,notepad , internetand some of the features through task manager using ctrl+alt+del.,

 but I couldn't access control panel , run , no apps .......

 I am getting windows updates but I couldn't able to install them because of not getting access to control panel...

 Finally I am not getting Start screen ....

 this is really irritating............please please anybody help me with the solution............

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-08-28T17:03:55+00:00

just got my apps up and running. After logging on black screen appears with curser only so you need to do the following.

1..........press  ctrl + alt + del

2..........click on task manager

3..........in task manager click on file drop box opens

4..........then click on new task when it opens

5..........type in   msconfig    in the open box

6..........click ok and system configuration box comes up

7..........click on tools a list opens

8..........click on restore reset to earlier date ( bottom of the list ) a box opens restore to this date, but

9..........you need to click on choose earlier date select the earliest date available

and that's it worked for me none of the fixes worked I tried most of them and got more and more frustrated

hope this works for you

                    steve

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-08-27T00:32:14+00:00

Hi

  I have a windows 8.1 (64 bit) built-in  Toshiba laptop , my laptop worked properly till yesterday i didn't face any problem but today morning i just click the start button and i signed in with a user password and a got ablack (blank) screen. I can see the cursor working , keypad ,dvd r/w working nothing else

    I  go through the microsoft community for solution but it ain't work for me...Please anybody help me........ 

 I tried low resolution mode so its not a graphic card driver problem...

 I tried safe mode its working but I couldn't get access to all features

 I tried safe mode with networking in this I can access  internet  not all the features

  but in normal mode I am accessing (playing) songs , movies (vlc) ,notepad , internetand some of the features through task manager using ctrl+alt+del.,

 but I couldn't access control panel , run , no apps .......

 I am getting windows updates but I couldn't able to install them because of not getting access to control panel...

 Finally I am not getting Start screen ....

 this is really irritating............please please anybody help me with the solution............

Hi Kumar,

Please try the following troubleshooting:

  1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
  2. Do a left click on the power option at the bottom right of the screen
  3. Press and hold down the 'Shift' Key and do a left click on Restart, you should be seeing 'Please Wait'
  4. Click on Troubleshoot=> Advance Options=> StartUp Settings=> Restart
  5. Post Restart the same Blue Screen will appear with a list options, once have that screen in front of you, push the 'Number 5' on your Keyboard, in a couple of seconds you should be in 'Safe Mode with Networking'
  6. Go to Control Panel=> Programs and Features, scroll down and look for "Search Protect"..
  7. Uninstall "Search Protect" and then perform a Clean Boot
  8. After you have performed a Clean Boot, you should be able to boot to the desktop...

I Hope it Helps...Please revert for any further questions...

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-09-02T07:19:33+00:00

On another forum on this site I found a solution to this problem that worked for me, the person who posted it was JL10174

Hope that it works for you too.....

I restored my pc to another restore point and it worked for me.....................................

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

62 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-29T00:07:33+00:00

    I had to have a new keyboard put on my dell inspiron 17 and now I am blocked out of the computer. It will not accept my password, which I have not changed. Dell is no help at all

     Will not even give me the master bios.if that is the problem. All I get is a blak screen with enter password in blue box and then password is not recognized. What has happened. ? Dell wants to blame Windows.

    Hi Paula Jones,

    Though this is not the same problem that others are having on this certain question, I believe that I have an answer for you.

    Most likely, someone created a password for your BIOS. This means that the computer will not load anything before you enter your BIOS password as the BIOS starts your operating system. Unfortunately, there is no "back door" and this password is not controlled by Windows.

    Luckily, there is a solution, but you are going to have to open your computer.

    Unplug your computer, and remove the battery. Open your computer and locate a small CR, disk battery. Remove the battery, wait a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery. Restart your computer, and the computer shouldn't ask you for a password.

    Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-30T18:26:48+00:00

    Mods:  I see a large green answer tag over the post before this... it is *not* the answer to the problem of this thread.

    My mother-in-law is having the same issue.  I know a guy who works for a large consumer electronics PC repair department, and I described the issue to him (Boot to Windows 8 > Log In > Get black screen with mouse cursor and nothing else).  He says this is a common problem very recently, and that he sees multiple PCs per day with this issue.  If he has a neat solution that isn't the update revert technique I saw earlier, I'll post it here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments