Blue Screen Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

Anonymous
2014-04-21T16:42:04+00:00

Hi Sirs;

Today I installed an optional update from Windows update for my (Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter) Driver for Windows 8.1, and it cause Blue screen to my laptop and I was unable to log to my laptop Toshiba Satellite L755 until I remove it from Safe Mode, and I don’t know what is the problem?

For information after I remove it the new Driver update the Blue Screen Fixed.

 https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A5147C30EDFD0866!789&authkey=!AN97c-s78ABPeWY&ithint=file%2c.rar

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-11-11T11:11:57+00:00

Hey All 

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter installed into my Qosmio F750 Laptop. Once upgrading to Windows 8.1 from 8.0 my wireless network adapter no longer worked. I've read all the discussions and nothing helped. The following steps got mine working without having to install new drivers or anything like that.

Follow these steps and you away:

1 - Open up windows explorer

2 - Right click on 'This PC' and click on Properties

3 - Click on 'Device Manager'

4 - Expand network adapters so that you can see the driver name. It had a yellow triangle underneath it for me.

5 - Right click on the driver and select 'update driver software'

6 - Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'

7 - Select 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

8 - Mine comes up with two drivers, they are both called the same but one has (Microsoft) at the end the other had (Qualcomm Atheros Communic.......)

9 - Select the one that ends in (Microsoft) and click next.

10 - Crack a beer and enjoy glorious wifi again

This worked for me and hopefully it'll work for you too!

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-22T15:50:16+00:00

    Hello I cannot tell you if this drive even installed one part of my windows is saying it installed yet another part of the system cannot even find it I don't have a clue my computer tech is just sucking me dry of money talkin lies to me looking for a new computer tech to fix up my stuff or bye whole new computer so sorry I cannot help you my tech just went and downloaded how nows what I think everyones best bet is to wait till new windows 9 comes out or bye new computer and fully start over all again I have had enough of wasting money on this go to Qualcom site see what you can find in downloads my computer tech just picked anything with newer dates

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-03T08:29:04+00:00

    Exact same problem for me, unresolved after over 2 weeks. Cannot get in to computer to make any changes so used recovery disks to clean reinstall Windows 7. Wrongly thinking that Microsoft/Toshiba/Qualcomm would by now have identified & fixed the problem I reinstalled W8 & upgraded back up to W8.1 only for the same problem to recur. Back to W7 again now. Some corporate acceptance of responsibility for this problem is overdue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-07T12:26:43+00:00

    Had the same issue with my Sattelite L775, this is what I did:

    Boot into safemode, go into "ComputerAdministration", then "Device Manager" locate the Network adapters and update the current driver with this:

    http://gupl.dk/714900/

    Reboot into Windows 8, and enjoy the working connection, at least, it Works fine on my pc....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-19T12:04:30+00:00

    Same problem i tried everything ......http://gupl.dk/714900/ doesnt work please can you provide a valid one???Thanks!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments