Blue Screen Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

Anonymous
2014-04-21T16:42:04+00:00

Hi Sirs;

Today I installed an optional update from Windows update for my (Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter) Driver for Windows 8.1, and it cause Blue screen to my laptop and I was unable to log to my laptop Toshiba Satellite L755 until I remove it from Safe Mode, and I don’t know what is the problem?

For information after I remove it the new Driver update the Blue Screen Fixed.

 https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A5147C30EDFD0866!789&authkey=!AN97c-s78ABPeWY&ithint=file%2c.rar

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-11-11T11:11:57+00:00

Hey All 

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter installed into my Qosmio F750 Laptop. Once upgrading to Windows 8.1 from 8.0 my wireless network adapter no longer worked. I've read all the discussions and nothing helped. The following steps got mine working without having to install new drivers or anything like that.

Follow these steps and you away:

1 - Open up windows explorer

2 - Right click on 'This PC' and click on Properties

3 - Click on 'Device Manager'

4 - Expand network adapters so that you can see the driver name. It had a yellow triangle underneath it for me.

5 - Right click on the driver and select 'update driver software'

6 - Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'

7 - Select 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

8 - Mine comes up with two drivers, they are both called the same but one has (Microsoft) at the end the other had (Qualcomm Atheros Communic.......)

9 - Select the one that ends in (Microsoft) and click next.

10 - Crack a beer and enjoy glorious wifi again

This worked for me and hopefully it'll work for you too!

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-03T11:58:53+00:00

    Worked for me, thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-15T01:16:24+00:00

    Like thousands of others, I got Blue screen as a result of Microsoft update installing this driver last year and fixed it by uninstalling it.  HOWEVER, my concern is:  if I go to Windows 10 it will install the bad driver again as in Windows 10 it is NOT possible to hide or choose which updates are applied to your PC -- in Windows 10 windows update is completely automatic (ie dumb).    If that happens my Toshiba Laptop will be unusable.

    Can Microsoft or somebody please let us know whether it will be safe to upgrade to Windows 10? Can we be assured that Windows update will not simply apply the Qualcomm driver again and cause our PCs to become unusable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-07T20:51:59+00:00

    Hi,

    You are welcome and I am glad it helped. Feel free to post if you have any other queries with Windows, we will be happy to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-07T20:50:35+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for sharing your fix with us. This would help others facing similar issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments