Bluetooth is not working with Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-03T18:01:29+00:00

Hello,

I have a Lenovo U410 touch, and i just upgraded to windows 8.1 though the store.

And the bluettoth is not working at all, it says that the PC is searching for Bluetooth devices.

I have updated all the drivers from the Lenovo websites and still nothing is working

I went to device manager and checked under bluetooth: Intel (R) Centrino Wireless Bluettoth 4.0 + High Speed. Microsoft Bluettoth Enumator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumarator are all 3 up to date.

Then I went to network connections (from the start) and i have a red cross under Bluettoth network connection 2 and says not connected.

I really think gooing back to Windows 8 since i cannot listen to my music on my beatbox and connect to my phone and tablet,

Thank you for your help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-23T04:39:41+00:00

    .. So this was never fixed? I have tired all of the suggested options. My bluetooth device cannot connect because it is a "metered" connection. There is no option to make it non-metered as with wifi... ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-01T06:36:06+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same problem with my HP. I cannot get my Tracks Air to work. It says paired but when I turn on the Tracks Air, it says ready to pair. I've tried many times uninstalling it in Bluetooth settings to no avail. I tried finding it in device manager and it's not in there under sound! I have Windows 8.1 also. I had it working and then it just stopped. Usually I can uninstall and re-pair it but not this time. I should not have to go through this much hassle for a Bluetooth device!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T10:59:12+00:00

    I feel y'all. Leaving a reply here in case this gets fixed. Hah, feels like I'm back on 9gag.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-11T12:26:39+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem and have tried all the solutions listed here to no avail.  It just cannot seem to detect my new bluetooth speaker.  Also it immediately connected to the bluetooth on my phone no problem.  Troubleshooter also said exactly the same thing.  Looks like there is a bluetooth issue with windows 8.1.  I am going to a computer club next week to see what they say about it.  I am at the limit of my expertise.  I am having a massive bbq soon and need the speaker to be operational.  It's very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-08-11T12:38:27+00:00

    Same here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments