Bluetooth is not working with Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-03T18:01:29+00:00

Hello,

I have a Lenovo U410 touch, and i just upgraded to windows 8.1 though the store.

And the bluettoth is not working at all, it says that the PC is searching for Bluetooth devices.

I have updated all the drivers from the Lenovo websites and still nothing is working

I went to device manager and checked under bluetooth: Intel (R) Centrino Wireless Bluettoth 4.0 + High Speed. Microsoft Bluettoth Enumator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumarator are all 3 up to date.

Then I went to network connections (from the start) and i have a red cross under Bluettoth network connection 2 and says not connected.

I really think gooing back to Windows 8 since i cannot listen to my music on my beatbox and connect to my phone and tablet,

Thank you for your help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T11:11:06+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for your reply and apology for the delayed response.

    I would suggest you to refer the discussion from the below link:

    http://community.norton.com/en/forums/bluetooth-connectivity-360

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.        

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T20:48:26+00:00

    OK, let's play along ... again.

    What is "the Bluetooth enabled software and if it is not listed add that software)" that should be added to the firewall program rules?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-11T13:08:40+00:00

    Hello Marcoose,

    Thank you for your reply.

    First, let’s turn off Windows Firewall & Norton security software temporarily and then c heck if it helps.

    Refer to this link:

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-firewall-from-start-to-finish

    Note: You should not turn off Windows Firewall unless you have another firewall enabled. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your computer (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

    If the issue does not occur when you disable Firewall, refer to this link to allow programs through firewall.

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/Allow-a-program-to-communicate-through-Windows-Firewall

    (Holds good for Windows 8.1)

    Hope this information helps.

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-11T15:53:04+00:00

    IT. DOES. NOT. WORK.

    PLEASE STOP WINGING.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-05-22T19:29:26+00:00

    OMG ! People are yelling from the past 2 years just on this issue and the tech support at Microsoft doesn't even give a DAMN about it. I have had this issue and I feel it is seriously a bug in Win 8 & 8.1.

    They have to completely re-design the blue-tooth module and keep it simple. I dont know why they are making things complicated here. This is f***ing annoying. Tech support is really annoying too just giving the same old instructions which doesn't work at all for f**** sake. 

    Let me explain the experience that I had.  I was having win 8 and added a Bluetooth device it was working fine and only once I removed it and for f** sake I couldn't add the same device again. Then got upgraded to win 8.1 and added a device and as there is no disconnect option (for f**kn simplicity sake) I removed the device hoping to re-add the device again. BOOM it goes and never allows me to add it again. Same screen with dots progressing through my HEAD doesn't find anything. Re-Installed drivers, troubleshooting done, services.msc fix applied, I know nothing works but still tried and for God's sake I don't have a Norton or Mcafee installed. 

    So, my humble request to tech support is, not to irritate users with your silly attitude and report it to the top heads to get this fixed or hire some really good hackers or tweakers who could prvide much needed and sophisticated support than what Microsoft tech support is giving now.

    Microsoft had lost a lot of trust already and hope they re-gain it back with its next release fixing these basic issues users have. 

    Regards,

    One in a million Microsoft Admirer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments