Bluetooth is not working with Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-03T18:01:29+00:00

Hello,

I have a Lenovo U410 touch, and i just upgraded to windows 8.1 though the store.

And the bluettoth is not working at all, it says that the PC is searching for Bluetooth devices.

I have updated all the drivers from the Lenovo websites and still nothing is working

I went to device manager and checked under bluetooth: Intel (R) Centrino Wireless Bluettoth 4.0 + High Speed. Microsoft Bluettoth Enumator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumarator are all 3 up to date.

Then I went to network connections (from the start) and i have a red cross under Bluettoth network connection 2 and says not connected.

I really think gooing back to Windows 8 since i cannot listen to my music on my beatbox and connect to my phone and tablet,

Thank you for your help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-01T09:31:44+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the information.

    I would suggest you to check the "Bluetooth" service status to “Automatic”.

    To do so, follow the steps given below:

    a. Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys from the keyboard, Run window opens.

    b. Type “Services.msc” without quotes and click OK.

    c. Right click on Bluetooth support service and click on Properties.

    d. Set the Startup type as Automatic and then click Start under Service status.

    e. Click on OK.

    Please reply with the results, in order to help you fix the issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-28T13:45:37+00:00

    ME TOO

    1.ASUS M5A97 EVO

    2.YES

    HOW LONG DOES THIS HAVE TO GO BEFORE BILL STOPS COUNTING HIS MONEY LONG ENOUGH

    TO GET SOMEONE TO FIX THIS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-28T00:40:26+00:00

    Mind if I reply?

    1. HP Envy23 desktop.
    2. Yes.

    Have at it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-27T16:25:11+00:00

    Hello Jack,

    Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue and apology for the delayed response.

    However, before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

    1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Have you tried the above steps provided by Rajesh Govind replied on November 4, 2013?

    If you haven’t tried them, please try them and check if it helps.

    Please reply with the result, in order to help you fix the issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T00:48:36+00:00

    I recently upgraded two PCs to 8.1 and both my Rocketfish Bluetooth adapters worked fine. Then after that massive "Tuesday Update" on 3/10/15, both are dead now. The blue LEDs won't even light up. I'm a tech and tried everything. All Windows tells me is that they're  'universal USB' things. I've scoured lots of posts and it does seem like something in the 8.1 upgrade globbered everything 'bluetooth'. Please fix, Microsoft. Fix fast.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments