Bluetooth is not working with Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-03T18:01:29+00:00

Hello,

I have a Lenovo U410 touch, and i just upgraded to windows 8.1 though the store.

And the bluettoth is not working at all, it says that the PC is searching for Bluetooth devices.

I have updated all the drivers from the Lenovo websites and still nothing is working

I went to device manager and checked under bluetooth: Intel (R) Centrino Wireless Bluettoth 4.0 + High Speed. Microsoft Bluettoth Enumator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumarator are all 3 up to date.

Then I went to network connections (from the start) and i have a red cross under Bluettoth network connection 2 and says not connected.

I really think gooing back to Windows 8 since i cannot listen to my music on my beatbox and connect to my phone and tablet,

Thank you for your help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-15T09:29:42+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

    However, I would like to know if you have tried the above suggestion?

    If you haven’t tired yet, then please try it. I am sure it will help you in fixing the issue.

    Please reply with the results, in order to help you fix the issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-14T22:12:08+00:00

    I have the same problem with my HP envy phoenix h9-1335ea

    I am very frustrated!!! I bought a Microsoft Display Adapter and then I discovered that I can not use it with my desktop. Bluetooth disappeared. I was not aware of that because I was not using it since a long time. I tried ALL the procedures I found in Internet, in particular in this support site, but I still have the problem!

    I have a Surface pro 3 and Bluetooth works fine with 8.1 ... not 100% stable, but acceptable. I only experience the problem that the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse disappear from time to time.

    So, I think Microsoft found a solution for Windows 8.1. I am very surprised that it has not been released as an update for other hardware. Really disappointed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-14T15:42:35+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue and apology for the delayed response.

    If you are using any third-party antivirus software, you may disable it and check if it helps. You may refer to the antivirus manufacturer website to check for the options to disable antivirus.

    Note: Even if you disable third party antivirus, Windows Defender will still be running in the computer. This will guard your computer from malware.

    If the issue still persists, please refer to the steps suggested in the following link.

    iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections

    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4562

    Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, please reply and we will be glad to help you.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-01T22:26:09+00:00

    Hello Jack,

    Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue and apology for the delayed response.

    However, before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

    1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Have you tried the above steps provided by Rajesh Govind replied on November 4, 2013?

    If you haven’t tried them, please try them and check if it helps.

    Please reply with the result, in order to help you fix the issue.

    Thank you

    I've concluded that Windows 8.1 is junk. I hate the 'Tiles' and the ridiculous changes in the desktop mode. Windows 7 is THEE best Windows EVER and it works. Period. Don't change it, don't get rid of it. I understand the need to have some kind of interface for tablet users, but don't destroy or remove the Windows 7 desktop. I have rebuilt both of my laptops with Windows 7 and I'm a happy camper again. I'm a electronics technician with 30 years of experience and that includes working with computers (old Mac/Unix/Windows). Customer 'ease, ergonomics, interface' with your product is paramount and I think your missing the boat with Windows 8+. I'm looking for work, give me a call. I can help you with this. My rates are reasonable ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-01T16:48:15+00:00

    No, it DID NOT fix the issue.

    I can pair the PC with the iPhone (as before), but cannot play music, phone calls, podcasts, etc, from the iPhone into the PC via Bluetooth.

    It's frustrating that Microsoft won't solve this problem. And these "oh, try this or try that and who knows one will work" are equally annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments