Bluetooth is not working with Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-03T18:01:29+00:00

Hello,

I have a Lenovo U410 touch, and i just upgraded to windows 8.1 though the store.

And the bluettoth is not working at all, it says that the PC is searching for Bluetooth devices.

I have updated all the drivers from the Lenovo websites and still nothing is working

I went to device manager and checked under bluetooth: Intel (R) Centrino Wireless Bluettoth 4.0 + High Speed. Microsoft Bluettoth Enumator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumarator are all 3 up to date.

Then I went to network connections (from the start) and i have a red cross under Bluettoth network connection 2 and says not connected.

I really think gooing back to Windows 8 since i cannot listen to my music on my beatbox and connect to my phone and tablet,

Thank you for your help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-25T21:15:43+00:00

    Echoing skorpeoh's situation, same here...

    For the longest time I've been clicking no to the 8.1 upgrade. Then last week or so, while doing some paperwork and the screensaver activated, the upgrade kicked in without permission and there was no stopping it.

    Voila, 8.1 is in, things seem to work alright, though not everything has been tested, Internet Explorer has been a bit difficult with cookies, but that's minor. The annoying part is the now-missing Bluetooth connection to the iPhone.

    After spending a few hours with the (very polite) HP techs, the only viable solution is to return the PC to factory state, like skorpeoh above. And a bit more time with the (equally polite) Microsoft techs ended at the same recommendation. Truly unacceptable, and techs need to be sensitive of this nonsense. It takes 1-2 solid days to re-install all Microsoft and HP updates, all third-party software, and re-configure the PC to a user's liking. And then inevitably the PC will find itself at the 8.1 update point, and it'll be a matter of time until the cycle re-starts. Techs are clearly lacking empathy, and obviously of technical skills to solve the problem elegantly. Truly unacceptable!

    Finally, Microsoft and PC manufacturers need to solve this (and other annoying problems) PDQ/ASAP, especially because this problem has been around for one year! At the time of purchase, this HP PC was premium top-shelf. Money was no objection. Bluetooth was a key feature in the purchase decision. Owning an expensive and premium piece of equipment that doesn't fully work sure leaves a sour taste of buyer's remorse in anyone's mouth.

    Hopefully someone will post a solution soon.

    Cheers, folks.

    Marcus.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-13T12:50:59+00:00

    I have the same problem with an ASUS 810c tablet,  however my Dell Inspiron works very well the difference is the ASUS is 32 bit windows 8.1 only and the Dell is 32 and 64 bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-29T08:39:08+00:00

    Hi Microsoft Support Team

    I have a similar problem.

    I have paired my Samsung SIII Neo with my Lenovo S440(windows 8.1). Though it is shown as paired in both the devices, the phone is not connecting to the laptop.

    I have re-installed blue tooth driver, run windows update even for optional updates and unpaired & re-paired the devices, but still it is not connecting.

    Can anyone solve this problem for me.

    thanks

    Joseph

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-28T11:51:01+00:00

    Hello Rejesh 

    I have the same problem windows 8 inteli5-42000 how to perform without windows logo i don't have it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-17T16:21:47+00:00

    same with my Acer Aspire touch. after i updated to Windows 8.1, Bluetooth device wont work any more. it can detect other devices but unable to send or receive any files. tried all of the instruction you gave, but still wont work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments