Piece of ****... wasting hours on this garbage, Windows 8.1, Lenovo, last **** time I buy a PC/Windows products. None of your solutions work. My iPhone picked up the device automatically and Windows won't even let me re-download Bluetooth which refuses to activate.
Bluetooth is not working with Windows 8.1
Hello,
I have a Lenovo U410 touch, and i just upgraded to windows 8.1 though the store.
And the bluettoth is not working at all, it says that the PC is searching for Bluetooth devices.
I have updated all the drivers from the Lenovo websites and still nothing is working
I went to device manager and checked under bluetooth: Intel (R) Centrino Wireless Bluettoth 4.0 + High Speed. Microsoft Bluettoth Enumator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumarator are all 3 up to date.
Then I went to network connections (from the start) and i have a red cross under Bluettoth network connection 2 and says not connected.
I really think gooing back to Windows 8 since i cannot listen to my music on my beatbox and connect to my phone and tablet,
Thank you for your help
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-11-24T22:35:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-11-27T01:27:03+00:00 We have worked with Intel to fix some upgrade to Win8.1 issues and the latest driver package is posted on Windows Update. If you have not already checked for updates please do so with the "Step 2: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates." provided by Rajesh above. Please make sure you review and select "optional" updates to install.
Once you have latest software package from WU, Bluetooth functionality should be restored.
However, from what you have described earlier I'm not sure your Bluetooth speaker (BeatBox) is paired with your Lenovo system. Once paired you should see a device node for BeatBox in the device manager, but you did not mentioned of that.
Can you confirm your BeatBox is paired? You can search for "Bluetooth Settings" and it will take you to the "Change PC Settings\PC and devices\Bluetooth" page. Here you should see your device if its already paired. If its listed as paired then remove it and repair.
Can you share more details on the scenarios you were using with Win8 on your Lenovo system by "connect to your phone and tablet"?
-
Anonymous
2013-11-04T15:38:13+00:00 Hi Edmond,
It would be great if you can provide more information regarding this issue. Please answer these questions:
1) Did you install the latest Windows 8.1 compatible Bluetooth drivers from the Lenovo website? If yes, what is its version?
2) Did you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue?
3) Do you have any third party security program installed on the computer?
I would suggest you to try the following methods and let’s know the results.
Method 1: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware on the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.
a) Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
b) Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
c) In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
d) Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
e) Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
f) Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Please check the troubleshooting report and let’s know the details. You may also try the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps. You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers and check if that resolves the issue.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Bluetooth Drivers
Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver:
Step 1: Uninstall the Bluetooth Device Drivers
a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
c) Search for the Bluetooth device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
After the restart, you may again open the Device Manager and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button at the top of the Device Manager window and check if Windows 8.1 detects the Bluetooth device and installs an appropriate driver for it automatically. If that happens, then check if it resolves the issue. If the issue persists, then go with the next step.
Step 2: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.
Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.
a) Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
b) Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on the icon “Windows Update” from the search result.
c) On the “Windows Update” window, click on the link: “Check for updates” from the left hand side of the window to receive a fresh list of updates.
d) If the updates are available, then install all the updates listed there.
If Windows Update does not offer the latest Windows 8.1 driver, then try the next step.
Step 3: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:
Go to the Lenovo website and search for the latest Windows 8.1 drivers available for the device model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website. You may click on this link to download the latest drivers for the Bluetooth device:
Bluetooth Driver (Intel, CyberTan, Liteon) - IdeaPad U310, U310 touch, U410, U410 touch
Hope this resolves the issue. Please get back to us with the results.
-
Anonymous
2014-10-25T19:32:51+00:00 HELLO ALL,
ATTENTION MICROSOFT SUPPORT ENGINEER AND ALL ELSE WHO READ THIS:
THE PROBLEM HERE IS WINDOWS 8.1! WINDOWS 8.1 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH BLUETOOTH AT ALL! WHEN 8.1 FIRST CAME OUT I HAD THE SAME ISSUE. I REVERTED BACK TO 8.0, BUT THE STORE KEPT HARASSING TO INSTALL 8.1, SO I KEPT DENYING THE "SUGGESTION". AFTER THE LAST SEVERAL MONTHS OR ALMOST A YEAR CLICKING ON CANCEL MICROSOFT ACTUALLY INSTALLED 8.1 ON MY PC WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THE STORE MESSAGES THAT WERE HARASSING ME WITH A STUPID NOTIFICATION TRYING TO GET ME TO CONVERT TO 8.1 KEPT ON GETTING WORSE WITH MESSAGES THAT READ "INSTALL NOW?" I KEPT CLICKING CANCEL. EVENTUALLY LAST NIGHT (10/24/2014 ) THE MICROSOFT STORE BASICALLY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS INSTALLING WINDOWS 8.1 AND PROCEEDED TO RESTART MY PC AND INSTALL 8.1 EVEN THOUGH I TRIED IN DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING. SO FROM THE TECH SUPPORT TEAM (WITH WHICH I SPENT A TOTAL OF 20 HOURS WITH THEM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM INITIALLY, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS CAUSING THE BLUETOOTH ISSUE) THEY TOLD ME TO REVERT BACK TO WINDOWS 8.0. SO NOW HERE I AM AGAIN BECAUSE MICROSOFT THOUGHT IT WAS IN MY BEST INTEREST TO DOWNLOAD TO 8.1, THAT I AM STUCK HERE AGAIN AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE EXACT SAME ISSUE (WHICH IS THE SAME ISSUE YOU ALL ARE HAVING)! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF MICROSOFT'S LITTLE SNAKE GAMES (WHICH I ASKED FOR HELP IN REMOVING THIS UNWANTED HARASSING MESSAGE TO CONVERT TO 8.1, THEY TOLD ME I HAVE TO PAY FOR TECH SUPPORT!!!!) SO YOU ARE HARASSING ME TO CONVERT TO A SOFTWARE UPDATE THAT YOU KNOW IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH BLUETOOTH, YET YOU TRY AND HAVE PEOPLE DOWNLOAD IT SO WE CAN PAY YOU MONEY TO FIX THE KNOWN ISSUE????? THAT IS A SCUMBAG THING TO DO AND I FOR ONE WILL NEVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE BUY ANOTHER MICROSOFT PRODUCT.....EVER!
MICROSOFT HAS FORCED THIS UPDATE ONTO MY COMPUTER WITHOUT MY CONSENT! THEY HAVE KEPT INSISTING ME TO CONVERT TO 8.1 FROM 8.0 AND TO NO AVAIL I COULD NOT STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING BECAUSE THEY "DECIDED" THAT I SHOULD HAVE 8.1 INSTALLED ON MY PC. NOW I WILL LOSE ALL MY BOOKMARKS AND OTHER SOFTWARE AND SAVED PAGES THAT I HAVE ON MY PC (WHICH WILL TAKE MORE TIME FOR ME TO RE-INSTALL EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING TO BE LOST WITH THE REVERT BACK TO 8.0).
-
Anonymous
2013-11-10T15:10:30+00:00 Hello Rajesh,
I tried to uninstall and re-install the drivers ( the link you gave) as per your request and nothing changes,
When i run the troubleshooting for **Hardware and Devices,**it doesn't ask to run as administrator and after running it it says that " Hardware changes might not have been detected.
The only security program installed on the computer is Avast.
Thank you