Well if it is any assurance
The folder and some logs are left behind .. and sure can be located and removed
I think that is a wrong way to get / give access
May be necessary at times
Bud do close the left overs
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After an arduous but successful tech support session repairing corrupted 8.1 updates LogMeIn Rescue RC remains on my computer. Of course it is not listed in add/remove programs. In hindsight I should have asked the tech to clean up after himself. This also resulted in a multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall of which I have no reference as to their proper setting but one problem at a time.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Well if it is any assurance
The folder and some logs are left behind .. and sure can be located and removed
I think that is a wrong way to get / give access
May be necessary at times
Bud do close the left overs
Well That's not true. You will find a folder with a DLL on your windows X86 directory & at least 3 or more entries in regedit
and and automatically started service : LMIRescue_a82c28fe-782c-c255-e48a-3b1819cf7412
that is subsequently causing errors in the event log:
The LMIRescue_a82c28fe-782c-c255-e48a-3b1819cf7412 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
But I just saw that this was addressed by sammoss replied on April 24, 2017
Re: Rescue service still running on client PC
03-07-2016 07:47 AM
Hi There,
If a technician ends a LogMeIn Rescue session while disconnected from their client (either during the process of a reboot or because of connectivity problems), it is possible that the applet may not remove itself properly. This will cause the LogMeIn Rescue applet to launch upon every Windows startup.
Follow the steps below to remove the applet. You must be a Windows Administrator to perform these actions.
- Close any applet that is currently running.
- Open Services:
- Click Start > Run. The Runwindow is displayed.
- Type services.msc and click OK. The Serviceswindow is displayed.
- Find the entry referencing LogMeIn Rescue. Open it, and if you can, copy the Service Name. If you cannot copy the Service Name, copy the long string of letters and numbers in the Description.
- Close the Services window.
- Open the Command Prompt:
- Click Start > Run. The Runwindow is displayed.
- Type CMD and click OK. The Command Prompt is displayed.
- In Command Prompt:
- If you could copy the Service Name, type SC DELETE , then right click and paste the service name.
- If you could only copy the **Description,**type SC DELETE LMIRescue_, then right click and paste the string, and delete any parenthesis that may have come with it.
Note: Repeat the above steps for however many Applets remain. 7. Open Computerand navigate to **C:\Users<username>**AppData\Local and delete the LogMeIn Rescue Applet folder. You will not be able to delete the folder if the LogMeIn Rescue applet is still running.
Note: If you cannot see the folder, this is because it is hidden by default. To unhide this, press the Altkey on the keyboard, click Tools > Folder Options > View, select Show hidden files and folders, and click OK. 8. Reboot the PC.
THIS TUTORIAL WORKED FOR ME WITH THE SAME ISSUE.
I also had and deleted the files left over under
C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Rescue
A Very well detailed fix, Thank YOU sammoss !
Hi. I thought I followed sammoss's advice, but I get this:
C:\Users\Yas>SC DELETE LMIRescuea9b3cc8-91db-61c9-de32-90b76c78b865
[SC] "OpenService FAILED 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service".
Have I done something wrong or does it mean I've succeeded in clearing LogMeIn Rescue?
Thanks....and btw, I'm not very techie.
aitch are you able to see a listing in 'Services'? Such as LMI? Are you getting any Event Viewer errors?
Those Event Errors are what led me to the fix that was posted.(not to mention LMI starting on each re-boot) obviously the tech ended the session before I did or was cut off or disconnected, I do remember him starting it back up twice then leaving without saying anything so I guess my machine kept 'looking' for him.
So if you do try to connect with them an something goes wrong either on their end or yours Log Me In will keep 'searching' for some reason.