How to uninstall LogMeIn Rescue RC after MS tech support session

Anonymous
2014-05-10T21:48:41+00:00

After an arduous but successful tech support session repairing corrupted 8.1 updates LogMeIn Rescue RC remains on my computer. Of course it is not listed in add/remove programs. In hindsight I should have asked the tech to clean up after himself. This also resulted in a multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall of which I have no reference as to their proper setting but one problem at a time.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-16T17:15:53+00:00

    its still on my pc

    how do I uninstall it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-08-16T17:33:15+00:00

    Where are you seeing it?  Let me know and I'll tell you how to remove it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-14T22:45:47+00:00

    I can see two links in Menu (Microsoft Support & Microsoft Support (2)).

    Also I see 2 files in a folder (one of it is *.exe).

    Were using Contact Support app built-in W10.

    The app were installed from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-17T17:03:43+00:00

    I called Microsoft Support and here are the steps that helped me as it was not showing in the add/remove. I was told it was showing as the result of improper shut down  

    1. Right clicked Windows logo
    2. Click Run
    3. Type in msconfig
    4. The System Configuration box will display
    5. Click on the Service tab
    6. In the lower left corner click Hide all Microsoft services
    7. Scroll to LogMeIn Recuse and uncheck
    8. Restart

    Hope this helps someone else

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-18T09:48:05+00:00

    I tried the:  

    1. Right clicked Windows logo
    2. Click Run
    3. Type in msconfig
    4. The System Configuration box will display
    5. Click on the Service tab
    6. In the lower left corner click Hide all Microsoft services
    7. Scroll to LogMeIn Recuse and uncheck
    8. Restart

    But neither LogMeIn Rescue, nor Support-LogMeInRescue, show up with Hide all Microsoft services checked or unchecked. It's not in Add Remove Programs either.

    The exe file shows up in my Downloads folder: Support-LogMeInRescue.exe

    I talked to a legitimate Microsoft tech. I called the support number from "Get Help With Windows 10"

    I don't know if it's doing anything bad or not, but I would like it gone. Since it's an installed program, simply deleting it is not an option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments