Hi sammoss. Yes, I did see a listing in Services. I saw this:
LogMeIn Rescue (a9b3cc8-91db-61c9-de32-90b76c78b865)
Then I tried to follow your instructions (thank you), but may have got something wrong.
Then I followed the steps below. Not all entries were there as I'd deleted some LogMeIn applets etc already. BUT
LogMeIn Rescue (a9b3cc8-91db-61c9-de32-90b76c78b865) was there. Then I followed the instructions below (after this) and point (7) step for this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
removed the string.
I hope that's the end. I'm scared the technician has inadvertently downloaded stuff onto my computer. This site and others say hacking can piggyback on innocent interactions through LogMeIn Rescue. He wanted another LogMeIn session today, but I'm too scared to allow this. I'll live with the Outlook email issue. I've had a sleepless night out of fear of this.
Steps mentioned above are this:
- Terminate the LogMeIn services running on the computer. To do this, open the Task Manager and terminate any and all instances of the following:
- LMIGuardian.exe
- LogMeIn.exe
- LogMeInSystray.exe
- ramaint.exe
- Navigate to Program Files (x86) and delete the LogMeIn Folder
- Open the Run prompt and type regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and delete the LogMeIn folder
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and delete the LogMeIn folder
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Current Control Set\Services and delete the following:
- LMIInfo
- LMIMaint
- LMImirr
- LMIRfsClientNP
- LMIRfsDriver
- LogMeIn
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and delete the LogMeIn GUI string value
- Reboot the computer.
Thank you sammoss.