Then you aren't using the LOG ME IN RESCUE ONE-ONCE program, obviously :)
In this case you can uninstall it the way you've uninstalled things for the past 32 years, by going to Control Panel.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After an arduous but successful tech support session repairing corrupted 8.1 updates LogMeIn Rescue RC remains on my computer. Of course it is not listed in add/remove programs. In hindsight I should have asked the tech to clean up after himself. This also resulted in a multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall of which I have no reference as to their proper setting but one problem at a time.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Then you aren't using the LOG ME IN RESCUE ONE-ONCE program, obviously :)
In this case you can uninstall it the way you've uninstalled things for the past 32 years, by going to Control Panel.
Well how come it starts up every time my computer boots up, is shown in the start menu and when the file location is opened it refers to it as a shortcut. Comments such as yours frustrate everyone who reads them. Please don't post when you have no idea what you are talking about.
It's fixed now. I had to call Microsoft again on a different issue. (And yes I started at the Microsoft pages about "How to get Help on Windows 10" went through all the steps and finally was able to call and get a real live tech.
She told me that deleting the .exe file out of my Downloads folder was fine and wouldn't hurt anything.
I did, and have not seen any bad effects, so I guess that was right. I didn't think to ask about any changes in the registry, but I assuming that after a few utilizations of the Avast CleanUp Registry cleaner, that should be taken care of.
I tried the:
- Right clicked Windows logo
- Click Run
- Type in msconfig
- The System Configuration box will display
- Click on the Service tab
- In the lower left corner click Hide all Microsoft services
- Scroll to LogMeIn Recuse and uncheck
- Restart
But neither LogMeIn Rescue, nor Support-LogMeInRescue, show up with Hide all Microsoft services checked or unchecked. It's not in Add Remove Programs either.
The exe file shows up in my Downloads folder: Support-LogMeInRescue.exe
I talked to a legitimate Microsoft tech. I called the support number from "Get Help With Windows 10"
I don't know if it's doing anything bad or not, but I would like it gone. Since it's an installed program, simply deleting it is not an option.
Like you I call Microsoft and that is what worked for me. I agree it it annoying to get one problem fixed and have new one appear
I tried the:
But neither LogMeIn Rescue, nor Support-LogMeInRescue, show up with Hide all Microsoft services checked or unchecked. It's not in Add Remove Programs either.
The exe file shows up in my Downloads folder: Support-LogMeInRescue.exe
I talked to a legitimate Microsoft tech. I called the support number from "Get Help With Windows 10"
I don't know if it's doing anything bad or not, but I would like it gone. Since it's an installed program, simply deleting it is not an option.