How to uninstall LogMeIn Rescue RC after MS tech support session

Anonymous
2014-05-10T21:48:41+00:00

After an arduous but successful tech support session repairing corrupted 8.1 updates LogMeIn Rescue RC remains on my computer. Of course it is not listed in add/remove programs. In hindsight I should have asked the tech to clean up after himself. This also resulted in a multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall of which I have no reference as to their proper setting but one problem at a time.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-17T10:06:55+00:00

    @ Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene

    Wish I could say that about the LogMeIn applet MS Help Desk used two days ago.

    Upon each restart of the computer, it self starts with three (3) separate windows. Each time I boot I have to go to Task Manager and End Processes, but it only works til the next reboot then the whole thing starts all over again. This has been going on for two days.

    So obviously it DID install itself and continues to restart even though the sessions are showing closed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-07T00:17:37+00:00

    I called the local Microsoft store and they redirected me to their technical support department. Simple call the microsoft store and you will be redirected to their technical support department.

    So i know i was talking to an official microsoft employee

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-31T05:03:43+00:00

    /sarc on

    That is why I have TWO different instances of it running as a service on my server. Please don't post until you know what you are posting about. Your post was useless. I want to know how to remove this crap leftover form useless MS support sessions. Both of which , by the way, did NOT fix the reason they install the LMI Rescue to begin with.

    /sarc off

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-29T21:06:26+00:00

    One time use? mine keeps popping up 4 days after I last spoke to the technician. I found this thread trying to learn how to get rid of it. Since it keeps telling me the technician is connecting

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-09-14T13:56:02+00:00

    hmm yeah i know but certain antiviruses do not run side by side , i only use which run side by side and have system optimizer/ cleanup / speedup for the optimization of the driver space.

    certain antivirus will not have any features.

    i already told you , if you have a home computer minimum antivirus is 2 and one firewall  , if you feel safe with one it's your personal opinion.

    my system seems to be working fine , but i gotta clean up some junk files up from time to time.

    they seem to happily coexist though.

    i have heavy sensitive data which i cannot compromise , i have no other option , to do this ,hmm.

    had 2 antivirus before i had to take this precaution , now i have 5 let me see.

     i have back up , also so no worries.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments