Shawn I am having the same problem. I called Microsoft in March with a windows issue. They fixed it however ever time I log into my computer the Microsoft Logmein Rescue is there. It won't let me close it. I can minimize it but not close it. What can I do?
How to uninstall LogMeIn Rescue RC after MS tech support session
After an arduous but successful tech support session repairing corrupted 8.1 updates LogMeIn Rescue RC remains on my computer. Of course it is not listed in add/remove programs. In hindsight I should have asked the tech to clean up after himself. This also resulted in a multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall of which I have no reference as to their proper setting but one problem at a time.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-04-24T00:12:17+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-04-20T13:58:52+00:00 Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] replied on
- MVP
- Insider
- Community Moderator
- Wiki Author
- 
- 
- 
- 
-

LogMeIn Rescue is a one-time run application, it does not get installed. After use, it is gone.
cmdrkeene.com
New to Windows 10? Open the "Get Started" app to get going fast with demos and more.
My point exactly....I wish whomever is monitoring this post would remove this as THE answer because it flat out ain't true.
It maybe true for 98% but my fix is for the other 2%.
-
Anonymous
2017-04-20T09:11:45+00:00 LogMeIn Rescue is a one-time run application, it does not get installed. After use, it is gone.
However it is not gone entirely .. this file is installed on my computer and not removed.
C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Rescue RC - d9fd10f9-80e0-486a-91e8-5be9a341052e\LMIRhook.000.dll
Its not listed under installed Windows applications though. And the Windows Service it used is gone after closing the window.
-
Anonymous
2017-04-17T11:07:41+00:00 this worked for me (after the MS Help Desk session ended and the applet kept restarting itself even though told that it auto-removes itself...well it didn't in my case) it is from the LogMeIn Forum:
Re: Rescue service still running on client PC
03-07-2016 07:47 AM
Hi There,
If a technician ends a LogMeIn Rescue session while disconnected from their client (either during the process of a reboot or because of connectivity problems), it is possible that the applet may not remove itself properly. This will cause the LogMeIn Rescue applet to launch upon every Windows startup.
Follow the steps below to remove the applet. You must be a Windows Administrator to perform these actions.
- Close any applet that is currently running.
- Open Services:
- Click Start > Run. The Runwindow is displayed.
- Type services.msc and click OK. The Serviceswindow is displayed.
- Find the entry referencing LogMeIn Rescue. Open it, and if you can, copy the Service Name. If you cannot copy the Service Name, copy the long string of letters and numbers in the Description.
- Close the Services window.
- Open the Command Prompt:
- Click Start > Run. The Runwindow is displayed.
- Type CMD and click OK. The Command Prompt is displayed.
- In Command Prompt:
- If you could copy the Service Name, type SC DELETE , then right click and paste the service name.
- If you could only copy the **Description,**type SC DELETE LMIRescue_, then right click and paste the string, and delete any parenthesis that may have come with it.
Note: Repeat the above steps for however many Applets remain. 7. Open Computerand navigate to **C:\Users<username>**AppData\Local and delete the LogMeIn Rescue Applet folder. You will not be able to delete the folder if the LogMeIn Rescue applet is still running.
Note: If you cannot see the folder, this is because it is hidden by default. To unhide this, press the Altkey on the keyboard, click Tools > Folder Options > View, select Show hidden files and folders, and click OK. 8. Reboot the PC.
I was able to find the LMI srvc in 'Services' then clicked on it went to 'Properties' and copied the Service Name (listed in Properties) opened CMD prompt as Admin typed in sc delete then added a space then pasted the Service Name I had copied and bingo it was successfully removed.
-
Anonymous
2017-04-17T10:31:05+00:00 LogMeIn Rescue is a one-time run application, it does not get installed. After use, it is gone.
I found the applet is installed in C:\Users'your name'\AppData\Local
and in my case three separate instances....that somehow restarts itself upon each boot
below is a screenshot showing the listings I found: