How to uninstall LogMeIn Rescue RC after MS tech support session

Anonymous
2014-05-10T21:48:41+00:00

After an arduous but successful tech support session repairing corrupted 8.1 updates LogMeIn Rescue RC remains on my computer. Of course it is not listed in add/remove programs. In hindsight I should have asked the tech to clean up after himself. This also resulted in a multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall of which I have no reference as to their proper setting but one problem at a time.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-25T05:08:50+00:00

    bull  im looking in it right now programs x86 

    LogMeIn Rescue RC - 349f9ff4-8c0f-4055-bea1-d82e69372097

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T04:35:29+00:00

    It's fixed now. I had to call Microsoft again on a different issue. (And yes I started at the Microsoft pages about "How to get Help on Windows 10" went through all the steps and finally was able to call and get a real live tech.

    She told me that deleting the .exe file out of my Downloads folder was fine and wouldn't hurt anything. 

    I did, and have not seen any bad effects, so I guess that was right. I didn't think to ask about any changes in the registry, but I assuming that after a few utilizations of the Avast CleanUp Registry cleaner, that should be taken care of.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-06T13:39:06+00:00

    So many people say that they have talked to MS Tech Support when in actual fact they have talked to a company selling itself as Microsoft.

    Where did you get the contact number?

    To others here..

    LogMeIn  is not the problem. The way that it is used to spread misery by ne'er-do-wells is the problem.

    The same can be said of the tools that hackers use to spread misery. They start off life as legitimate tools used by system administrators to solve problems across networks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-08-13T20:34:45+00:00

    Let me clarify in the scope of the original user's question, it does not cause, quote, "multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more