LogMeIn is not gone! Every time I open my computer it is there. Please help, I don't want to see it. How can I get it off my computer?
How to uninstall LogMeIn Rescue RC after MS tech support session
After an arduous but successful tech support session repairing corrupted 8.1 updates LogMeIn Rescue RC remains on my computer. Of course it is not listed in add/remove programs. In hindsight I should have asked the tech to clean up after himself. This also resulted in a multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall of which I have no reference as to their proper setting but one problem at a time.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-03-21T00:48:16+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-02-27T09:35:21+00:00 I may have figured this mess out. In W-10 (it should be similar steps, more or less, in 8 - 8.1), find the short cut in question, in the Start Menu, right click it, choose More, then choose-click on: Open File Location (in other Windows versions you might have to use "Properties" for this... and "improvise" a little bit with some steps... ?). Now Right click the (new) Microsoft Support short cut (or what ever the name of the one in your start menu is called) and look for the: "Target" - line/box (Find Target?). Using the details in there, you'll find the file path to a folder (a LogMeIn type folder, I think) containing a related file with a .bat file extension inside. I deleted that whole folder (with that bat extension file inside) and the earlier downloaded Support-LogMeInRescue.exe file from my downloads folder. I guess the shortcut on the Start Menu needs to be deleted as well... This is the best I could come up with and in theory, it should block that which we all Fear!
-
@CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2015-12-13T15:40:49+00:00 Yes Michael, that's fine to just delete the EXE file. It's not installed into the system, it's just a single executable file that only opens once when you run it. Depending on the browser you used to download it, it may not even show there. For example if you used IE and choose "Run", then it executes without saving to your download folder at all. However IE is the only browser that does this, even the new Edge will download to your downloads folder before executing.
-
Anonymous
2015-09-14T22:45:47+00:00 I can see two links in Menu (Microsoft Support & Microsoft Support (2)).
Also I see 2 files in a folder (one of it is *.exe).
Were using Contact Support app built-in W10.
The app were installed from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help.
-
@CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2015-08-16T17:33:15+00:00 Where are you seeing it? Let me know and I'll tell you how to remove it.