Also,
After the lack of true customer service, the constant emails saying if I want to stop getting all your email replies to cut me out. I'll sign the petition, absolutely.
Patricia
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed Windows 8.1 Preview some time ago (8.1 sucked), and later found out that upgrading to Windows 8.1 RT would force me to re-install everything. I wasn't okay with this, so I just decided to keep Windows 8.1 Preview (even if, understandably, support would later be cut); however, now it seems Microsoft made the crazy decision to FORCE everyone to upgrade BY RESTARTING THEIR PC EVERY 2 HOURS! WTH???? Anyway, so now they are literally forcing me to re-install everything, but what is worse is I can't even upgrade! The Windows store isn't working properly, and the download never finishes. The computer RESTARTS before it has a chance to finish (it's over 3GB), which apparently causes the download to restart (THE ONE TIME IT APPEARED TO BE WORKING).
Anyway, I don't think this type of behavior from Microsoft would stand up in court (Windows could seriously be classified as MALWARE at this point), so if anyone is connected to some good lawyers, I think this would make for a great class action lawsuit...
BTW, I seem to remember a virus that would restart computers too...
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Also,
After the lack of true customer service, the constant emails saying if I want to stop getting all your email replies to cut me out. I'll sign the petition, absolutely.
Patricia
http://www.microsoft.com/about/companyinformation/usaoffices/en/us/default.aspx
Company Information

Microsoft U.S. Office Locations
Microsoft reaches customers at sales offices, support centers, and technology centers throughout the country. Use the clickable map or the location links for more information. Fax and phone numbers and more.
F
Locations by District
To find a location by district, click the map or the district links that follow.
![]() |
|---|
I installed Windows 8.1 Preview some time ago (8.1 sucked), and later found out that upgrading to Windows 8.1 RT would force me to re-install everything. I wasn't okay with this, so I just decided to keep Windows 8.1 Preview (even if, understandably, support would later be cut); however, now it seems Microsoft made the crazy decision to FORCE everyone to upgrade BY RESTARTING THEIR PC EVERY 2 HOURS! WTH???? Anyway, so now they are literally forcing me to re-install everything, but what is worse is I can't even upgrade! The Windows store isn't working properly, and the download never finishes. The computer RESTARTS before it has a chance to finish (it's over 3GB), which apparently causes the download to restart (THE ONE TIME IT APPEARED TO BE WORKING).
Anyway, I don't think this type of behavior from Microsoft would stand up in court (Windows could seriously be classified as MALWARE at this point), so if anyone is connected to some good lawyers, I think this would make for a great class action lawsuit...
BTW, I seem to remember a virus that would restart computers too...
I agree. Ever since November 2013, the only good things on the Microsoft Market was Microsoft Office, and the Microsoft Surface. Anyways, would they really listen to a lawsuit? No, so I suggest you can buy a Mac Book Pro. It still runs the latest preview of Microsoft Office, and it also has OneNote.
I have a 4 month old HP Envy 17t fast laptop machine. Moved from a functioning system 7 with PC Mover Pro to 8.1 which is crashing every 30 days or more. MS has rebuilt my horror show 3 times, I can’t take anymore. OS 8.1 NEEDS a class action suit. I also purchased an additional $250.00 Microsoft extended contract for unlimited Windows support for a year.
I sent the following questions as they send me directly to their level II support "team"? They gave me two email support contacts and NOW THEY ARE NO LONGER RESPONDING TO MY EMAILS.
MS level II new questions for resolution on my Microsoft 8.1 OS
- When I logon as administrator, why does it ask that I must have administrator permissions to make application system changes?
- Why does 8.1 keep asking me to verify my account with a CODE? I have 5 Outlook email accounts. Does it screen out incoming mail if it does not get a code update?
- All my Outlook mail accounts are also located on my old backup laptop. Some mail that gets populated to that computer does NOT also populate to my new Outlook accounts on my HP ENVY 8.1 machine?
- Vishwa Srivastava did a default.migrated new USER profile on my machine which rendered my original user profile useless. This new profile uses the directory name, \users \ Microossoft\Documents, etc. How can this USER root NAME be changed?
- I have an always connected WD MyBook 500GB Recovery drive. Every day 8.1 tells me to reconnect the File History drive which is connected, why is it not seeing it? Apparently 8.1 reformats this drive as one directory ONLY for its 32 GB of Recovery data only? Why prevent other data from being stored to this drive?
- I have spent considerable time the past 3 weeks rebuilding this machine. Seemingly the majority of my Apps are working including a couple hours re-establishing my Kindle books.
- I have today once again attempted to run Acrobat 11 and MS Expression Web-4. BOTH CONTINUE TO CRASH. I am debating moving this machine back to Windows 7. I would like to know theTRUTH as to when MS will resolve its 8.1 problems or issue a 7 START based 9.0 OS option? My work does not live to “operate an operating system”.
Maybe throw away your HP PC and get a MacBook Air or Pro. Those are the BEST laptops on the market (Apple). I have a MacBook Air and I LOVE it. It barely ever crashes (I'm on Yosemite). Macs also run the latest Microsoft products. I use Office for Mac 2016 preview and it has a wonderful interface. However, I have a history of nightmares with Windows 7, and my family said that before I graduate high school they're switching to Windows 10 so in High school I don't have to go through problems I have on the PC. Also I have blazing fast internet on my Mac, compared to my DELL PC. It's ****. It runs Windows 7 and I can't run the freakin upgrade to Windows 10. So, as long as I am too young to sue MS for this, I am sticking to the Mac.
I am here because I was wondering if there was a law suit against Microsoft. I wish there was one.
I purchased a Lenovo lap top and it had Windows 8 installed. Today you can't buy a machine without it. I had troubles when I switched from DSL to Fios. Lost wifi connections constantly. I (can't remember how) found a solution to this problem. All was fine for a few months until Microsoft said it was shutting me down for updates. Little did I know it was to install Windows 8.1. Once again my machine loses wifi connections since this upgrade. I have been to forums galore, updated my wifi driver, disconnected Bluetooth, did that netsch thing and still no luck staying wirelessly connected. Microsoft help line, Lenovo help line is of NO help and yes, there are companies who will take your money and never fix the problem. All because Microsoft doesn't know how to fix it themselves. Meanwhile us poor schlubs are sitting with frustrating computers and can't get our work done.
Thanks for letting me rant ..... doesn't help tho... still p....ed off.
As long as MS won't listen to lawsuits, I suggest if you're going to expect something good out of a computer, the lowest class you can find for it is a MacBook Air 11 inch. It runs awesome, and it runs all of the Microsoft apps you love and trust. Windows 7 is bad enough. Get Windows 10 instead!