Class Action Lawsuit

Anonymous
2014-01-16T06:06:46+00:00

I installed Windows 8.1 Preview some time ago (8.1 sucked), and later found out that upgrading to Windows 8.1 RT would force me to re-install everything. I wasn't okay with this, so I just decided to keep Windows 8.1 Preview (even if, understandably, support would later be cut); however, now it seems Microsoft made the crazy decision to FORCE everyone to upgrade BY RESTARTING THEIR PC EVERY 2 HOURS! WTH????  Anyway, so now they are literally forcing me to re-install everything, but what is worse is I can't even upgrade! The Windows store isn't working properly, and the download never finishes. The computer RESTARTS before it has a chance to finish (it's over 3GB), which apparently causes the download to restart (THE ONE TIME IT APPEARED TO BE WORKING). 

Anyway, I don't think this type of behavior from Microsoft would stand up in court (Windows could seriously be classified as MALWARE at this point), so if anyone is connected to some good lawyers, I think this would make for a great class action lawsuit...

BTW, I seem to remember a virus that would restart computers too...

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-24T22:35:32+00:00

    What a terrible computer.  I too have the Laptop Lenovo.  Its the IdeaPad.  

    Its like Microsoft became communist.  

    Lenovo can not give tech support for the OS.  Lenovo rep stayed on the phone while being  transferred to Microsoft Tech Support.  

    A guy named Carlos was updated by Alvin at Lenovo before I spoke to Carlos.  

    What a terrible computer.  I too have the Laptop Lenovo.  Its the IdeaPad.  

    Its like Microsoft became communist.   

    Lenovo can not give tech support for the OS.  Lenovo rep stayed on the phone while being  transferred to Microsoft Tech Support.  

    A guy named Carlos was updated by Alvin at Lenovo before I spoke to Carlos.  

    He gave me 1 minute and said to hold for just a minute.  

    Well he transferred me to a woman, who's name I did not receive.  

    Low and Behold this woman asked me to hold also

    AND LEFT ME ON HOLD FOR AN HOUR. 

    So, angry, I began contacting executives at Microsoft.  Able to find whatever I need on the internet and also been a Vice President of a bank, my first call was to Lu Qi.  After speaking with me for 10 minutes then began saying he wasn't Lu Qi.  That yes he was a Microsoft Employee though not management.  This guy began repeating "though he was a Microsoft Employee" he could not help me in any way.  

    NO TELEPHONE NUMBER, CONTACT OR OTHER.

    The phone number to contact Microsoft Headquarter is 1 425 882 8080.  

    I spoke with Julie in Harry Shums office-could not assist in any way.

    Called for Eric D Rudder - Receptionist state oral contact must first be required in writing only and again would not give any phone number or contact to me for assistance.

    Same with:

    Kirill Tatarinov

    Executive Vice President, Microsoft Business Solutions

    Terry Myerson

    Executive Vice President, Operating Systems

    Wow, when did a company, who makes so very much money "hide" in order to not disclose that their products are not user friendly, to avoid customer service, and no minimal offer of a department phone number of someone who "may" be able to help or admit the obvious.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-25T00:27:23+00:00

    I am surprised that a lawyer hasn't picked up on getting a class action lawsuit against Microsoft for a  very flawed OS.  I am sure that attorney could get a large number of people to sign up. I can only say that if it wasn't for the help I get from HP using the care package I purchased, I would have trashed this computer long ago. It's not the computer itself that's flawed, it's Microsoft's  biggest error ever with 8 and 8.1. They apparently are coming out with OS 10 but if you update with that, you lose any warranty you have or tech support you purchased. So, no deal with that.  I can only say that HP has helped me a lot. Their tech support has been great. They take the time to go through everything and are very patient with me and my questions.  Can't say anything good about Microsoft. I think they have been taken over by our in-effectual government!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-25T03:23:28+00:00

    8.1 without a doubt has burned over $5,000 worth of my time, at least 8 hours with MS level II techs and about 10 hours with Adobe trying to run CS6 and Dreamweaver on my high-end HP ENVY machine. From my personal website statement:

    The Reason for Mankind’s Growing Problems! **** The single most destructive trend in modern humanity . . . is the absence of truth and integrity. Today, a man’s truth of integrity is being replaced by “self-serving opportunity” and not “moral character”. These mega companies through the years, have made many employees and investors wealthy which is fine. But, the release of Windows 8.0 and 8.1 in the world of TRUTH is a defective product. The government has allowed them to join the mortgage investors being too big to fail and the legal system would not dare to challenge Microsoft and Uncle Sam, so the public pays again! This is nothing about science, engineering and financial success, it’s about mankind’s loss of INTEGRITY! Think About It!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-25T04:11:33+00:00

    ABSOLUTELY!

    My and others of my time knew any/all employees of a business have a stake in beING successful and have a moral of taking ownership with any or all customer service issues.

    As a V.P. I never was allowed to or would never want to hide behind a skirt.

    To absolutely make no effort to assist says to me"overpaid and absent of helping mankind" and disgusts me.

    I asked if they were communists lol. Yet, the bundle and hard code apps of which they own, and they own many, making nothing available to change by the consumer is nothing short of GREED.

    Shame on you Bill Gates.

    I wonder how he would react if something important to him, that needed assistance, but he was only left on hold for an hour, knowing he wasn't important as a consumer.

    Man, I would love to see that. Never know, right.

    Thanks for your response. Hey, maybe with enough of us there may be a possibility of a Class Action Lawsuit in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-25T04:29:17+00:00

    Oh yea, don't get me started on the STORE.  What a dysfunction all on its own.

    I bought this laptop in January this year, 2015.

    I have wanted to chuck this brick right out my front door. Save by my husband as he paid close to $1400.00.

    At FRYS ELECTRONICS the said to my husband that all the requirements we wanted was not available in any computer. The sales rep pushed and pushed this Levono.  Finding out days after that was exactly what they did. We bought the last one at this store.  I feel so freaking setup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments