Class Action Lawsuit

Anonymous
2014-01-16T06:06:46+00:00

I installed Windows 8.1 Preview some time ago (8.1 sucked), and later found out that upgrading to Windows 8.1 RT would force me to re-install everything. I wasn't okay with this, so I just decided to keep Windows 8.1 Preview (even if, understandably, support would later be cut); however, now it seems Microsoft made the crazy decision to FORCE everyone to upgrade BY RESTARTING THEIR PC EVERY 2 HOURS! WTH????  Anyway, so now they are literally forcing me to re-install everything, but what is worse is I can't even upgrade! The Windows store isn't working properly, and the download never finishes. The computer RESTARTS before it has a chance to finish (it's over 3GB), which apparently causes the download to restart (THE ONE TIME IT APPEARED TO BE WORKING). 

Anyway, I don't think this type of behavior from Microsoft would stand up in court (Windows could seriously be classified as MALWARE at this point), so if anyone is connected to some good lawyers, I think this would make for a great class action lawsuit...

BTW, I seem to remember a virus that would restart computers too...

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-08T07:23:55+00:00

    Windows 8.1 is a nightmare.  You cannot refresh because it disallows you.  You can't go back to Windows 8 because Windows Back up doesn't recognize Windows 8.1.  There are companies that find out I am running 8.1 and they want to charge me a premium just to fix it. 

    I agree we should file class-action against MS but, if you read their license agreement, they are allowed to screw up your computer.  What we need is s judge who has Windows 8 or 8.1 to rule MS agreement being unconstitutional.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-07T02:45:43+00:00

    Thank you for this thread.  WinEight is bad enough.  Appreciate the info which stopped me from downgrading to 8.1. 

    I see one of our "helpers" is busy just about everywhere trolling and dissing frustrated folks and will probably delete this post.  You really don't have anything better to do than insult real human beings on every frakking forum? 

    How have things gone with 8.1 for y'all since?  I am sincerely interested.  Thx.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-11T23:38:25+00:00

    I am here because I was wondering if there was a law suit against Microsoft.  I wish there was one.

    I purchased a Lenovo lap top and it had Windows 8 installed. Today you can't buy a machine without it.  I had troubles when I switched from DSL to Fios. Lost wifi connections constantly. I (can't remember how) found a solution to this problem. All was fine for a few months until Microsoft said it was shutting me down for updates.  Little did I know it was to install Windows 8.1.  Once again my machine loses wifi connections since this upgrade.  I have been to forums galore, updated my wifi driver, disconnected Bluetooth, did that netsch thing and still no luck staying wirelessly connected.  Microsoft help line, Lenovo help line is of NO help and yes, there are companies who will take your money and never fix the problem. All because Microsoft doesn't know how to fix it themselves.  Meanwhile us poor schlubs are sitting with frustrating computers and can't get our work done.

    Thanks for letting me rant ..... doesn't help tho...  still  p....ed off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-12T00:17:51+00:00

    The motto on my personal website is:

    The Reason For Mankind’s Growing Problems!

    The single most destructive trend in modern humanity . . . is the absence of truth and integrity. Today, a man’s truth of integrity is being replaced by “self serving opportunity” and not “moral character”.

    OS 8.1 is a prime example that Microsoft and many corporations today no longer function by truth and integrity. Their ability to purchase "law" also makes it impossible for any average person or micro company to advance such an issue. Humanity is on a downslide. The bottom line IS integrity and it will take us to the bottom!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments