Class Action Lawsuit

Anonymous
2014-01-16T06:06:46+00:00

I installed Windows 8.1 Preview some time ago (8.1 sucked), and later found out that upgrading to Windows 8.1 RT would force me to re-install everything. I wasn't okay with this, so I just decided to keep Windows 8.1 Preview (even if, understandably, support would later be cut); however, now it seems Microsoft made the crazy decision to FORCE everyone to upgrade BY RESTARTING THEIR PC EVERY 2 HOURS! WTH????  Anyway, so now they are literally forcing me to re-install everything, but what is worse is I can't even upgrade! The Windows store isn't working properly, and the download never finishes. The computer RESTARTS before it has a chance to finish (it's over 3GB), which apparently causes the download to restart (THE ONE TIME IT APPEARED TO BE WORKING). 

Anyway, I don't think this type of behavior from Microsoft would stand up in court (Windows could seriously be classified as MALWARE at this point), so if anyone is connected to some good lawyers, I think this would make for a great class action lawsuit...

BTW, I seem to remember a virus that would restart computers too...

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-24T20:06:57+00:00

    Is there a lawsuit for windows 7 users who have windows 10 forced on there pc. It's destroying my Pc. I live on a fixed income and this is bs. I just can't go down to a computer tech to have it done for me. this is wrong of Microsoft to force this on to my pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-05T04:01:57+00:00

    By the Grace of God and the powers  of the people, nothing or no one is to big too fall.

    Anyone out there from 60's and 70's........

    Was it not BIG BROTHER we never wanted????

    Massive control over how we choose to live?

    I know it was something I never believed would happen in my lifetime.  Cameras everywhere, tapping cell phones, listening to banter everywhere.

    PLEASE do not miss interpret me, I AM,AN AMERICAN and very PATRIOTIC. 

    Yet, the younger generations have never heard the hippies proclaim the view of a slow conversion of power to just a few.

    I am not an activist but I would consider it.

    Let's Act.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-05T03:43:40+00:00

    Hi, 

    Considering our community is fed up with, losing our time being frustrated, losing money and disgusted with Microsoft Support-

    I will offer to assist:

    I would be honored to put together a sort of Roster, if you will, putting together names and emails of everyone who is interested in getting recourse by filing a Class Action Lawsuit.

    This is for the Leader who will walk it to court.

    I've opened a new email for this purpose :

         ******@gmail.com 

    Let's see what "The People" can do!!!!

    Patti Lennon Alirez-DeCosta

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-05T02:47:16+00:00

    Sorry all, this is what happens when free enterprise is handcuffed. Microsoft is too big to fail and even the U.S. government will not challenge them. It is only us grassroots public who suffer the most time losses debugging this OS. Then imagine all of the software vendor complaints caused by the OS 8 software. It all boils down to no more human integrity and the courts won't challenge them either.

    I like the comments of "shame on you Microsoft" because that IS the definition of integrity.

    Sorry, but that is the last word. :) Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-05T02:45:27+00:00

    Unfortunately,

    most of us have many many years with Microsoft.

    It does appear that switching may be our only solution.

    BUT, I believe walking away without recourse would not be the answer for me.

    I'M ALL IN, for a lawsuit.

    IM READY.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments