IWD Bus Enumerator Driver

Anonymous
2013-10-25T23:16:27+00:00

So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-04T02:48:42+00:00

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 8.1 on my Lenovo T430.  The IWD Bus Enumerator is listed in the device manager twice.  One is working properly, the other says Windows can't find the driver  "(Code 31)."  Posted a question on Lenovo's Thinkpad forum.  Waiting to hear back.  Still trying to find out exactly what a IWD Bus enumerator is.

UPDATE:  seems the problem with my computer was that the IWD Bus enumerator was in there twice.  I looked at the driver details and both had the up to date version.  So, I uninstalled the second one:  the one with the exclamation point, and all seems to be well.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T01:21:24+00:00

    Check your system for the file IntelWiDiVAD64.exe as it might not be in the same location.

    I have a surface pro 3 with i7 and 512gb hard drive. It is running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T04:26:11+00:00

    Still doesn't help.  I searched it, I clicked the exe, all it did was open command prompt then close it, so again I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.   The next thing I get in command promptif I try to imput the directory of the .exe location followed by install, is: is not recognized as an internal or external command. operable or batch file.

    I don't know how to do any of this whatever the problem is here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T05:37:36+00:00

    Okay it does not sound like you're familiar with the command shell.  From a command she'll also know as DOS prompt or Command Prompt.  When you open a command prompt the default prompt should read what directory you are in. Example for me it reads C:\User\ShapeShifter>.  From such a prompt you need to run the program IntelWiDiVAD64.exe with the /install option.  This program should be located in the folder C:\Windows\System32 . To change to that folder type "cd c:\ windows\system32" with out the quote marks. From that directory give the directory command to see if the program is in that folder. Type "dir IntelWiDiVAD64.exe" again with out quotes. If it shows you that you do have the program, you can execute it. To execute it type "IntelWiDiVAD64.exe /install" at the command prompt again with out quotes. You should get a windows prompt box asking if it's ok to install. Answer yes. That should be all you need. Make sure you run this program with /install option.  Hope this helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T14:41:13+00:00

    so the issue is not necessarily due to the WiDi driver. i had the exact same issue on a thinkpad as i previously posted but it was in relation to a usb device. specifically a Motorola barcode scanner. it would seem that this issue has a much bigger range of causes not just specifically widi devices. your solution is specific to widi.i can testify this was not my issue as widi was not part of my setup with my thinkpad. unfortunately i do not work with that company anymore so i am unable to test any more solutions. i was terminated before this issue was resolved with that computer. so i just figured i would tell you that before stepping out of this conversation completely. with that said i wish you guys luck with this. i hope you find a universal solution.

    cheers!

    John Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments