IWD Bus Enumerator Driver

Anonymous
2013-10-25T23:16:27+00:00

So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-04T02:48:42+00:00

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 8.1 on my Lenovo T430.  The IWD Bus Enumerator is listed in the device manager twice.  One is working properly, the other says Windows can't find the driver  "(Code 31)."  Posted a question on Lenovo's Thinkpad forum.  Waiting to hear back.  Still trying to find out exactly what a IWD Bus enumerator is.

UPDATE:  seems the problem with my computer was that the IWD Bus enumerator was in there twice.  I looked at the driver details and both had the up to date version.  So, I uninstalled the second one:  the one with the exclamation point, and all seems to be well.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-04T16:06:31+00:00

    I have a similar problem after upgrading to 8.1 on my Lenovo T430.  The IWD Bus Enumerator is listed in the device manager twice.  One is working properly, the other says Windows can't find the driver  "(Code 31)."  Posted a question on Lenovo's Thinkpad forum.  Waiting to hear back.  Still trying to find out exactly what a IWD Bus enumerator is.

    UPDATE:  seems the problem with my computer was that the IWD Bus enumerator was in there twice.  I looked at the driver details and both had the up to date version.  So, I uninstalled the second one:  the one with the exclamation point, and all seems to be well.

    For me it happened when I plugged in the Western Digital My Passport external hard drive. I think the plug and play driver didn't install properly. Subsequent connections has not caused the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-04T17:51:14+00:00

    For me it happened when I plugged in the Western Digital My Passport external hard drive. I think the plug and play driver didn't install properly. Subsequent connections has not caused the same issue.

     gregjr:  are you on a Lenovo?  I fixed my IWD Bus Enumerator problem, but I continue to get an "unknown device" driver "not installed" on Lenovo's alert program.  In my device manager there are no "unknown devices" listed.  Nor are there any yellow exclamation marks.  I use a Toshiba ext HD, and that is present and working properly.  I also have a PnP monitor that is listed and working properly.  Kind of annoying to have this alert in my task bar that I can't get rid of.  Nothing helpful on Lenovo's site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-04T18:31:32+00:00

    For me it happened when I plugged in the Western Digital My Passport external hard drive. I think the plug and play driver didn't install properly. Subsequent connections has not caused the same issue.

     gregjr:  are you on a Lenovo?  I fixed my IWD Bus Enumerator problem, but I continue to get an "unknown device" driver "not installed" on Lenovo's alert program.  In my device manager there are no "unknown devices" listed.  Nor are there any yellow exclamation marks.  I use a Toshiba ext HD, and that is present and working properly.  I also have a PnP monitor that is listed and working properly.  Kind of annoying to have this alert in my task bar that I can't get rid of.  Nothing helpful on Lenovo's site.

    I have a Dell XPS12 Convertible

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-05T22:49:02+00:00

    So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

    Same here after update to 8.1. It's lenovo m490s

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments