IWD Bus Enumerator Driver

Anonymous
2013-10-25T23:16:27+00:00

So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-04T02:48:42+00:00

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 8.1 on my Lenovo T430.  The IWD Bus Enumerator is listed in the device manager twice.  One is working properly, the other says Windows can't find the driver  "(Code 31)."  Posted a question on Lenovo's Thinkpad forum.  Waiting to hear back.  Still trying to find out exactly what a IWD Bus enumerator is.

UPDATE:  seems the problem with my computer was that the IWD Bus enumerator was in there twice.  I looked at the driver details and both had the up to date version.  So, I uninstalled the second one:  the one with the exclamation point, and all seems to be well.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-08T01:00:41+00:00

    I have an Asus, and the same problem as far as the touch screen not working goes.  After I installed 8.1 this started happening.  I troubleshoot the issue and it tells me that the IWD bus Enumerator driver was not able to be reinstalled.  After I troubleshoot however, My touchscreen immediately begins working..  Kind of annoying to have this happen everytime I turn my computer on.  Any advise on how to fix this??  and can this cause long term damage to my laptop?  I have the Q501la-bbi5.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-28T18:05:28+00:00

    I have a Lenovo and after updating to 8.1 I got the same message. I haven't been able to rectify the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-21T16:49:41+00:00

    Could you please show step by step how to delete the 2nd IWD

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-21T14:30:15+00:00

    BettyDeWeese:

    I had the same problem so I deleted the 2nd IWD Bus Enumerator, completely shut down my computer and rebooted.  Problem fixed!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments