IWD Bus Enumerator Driver

Anonymous
2013-10-25T23:16:27+00:00

So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-04T02:48:42+00:00

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 8.1 on my Lenovo T430.  The IWD Bus Enumerator is listed in the device manager twice.  One is working properly, the other says Windows can't find the driver  "(Code 31)."  Posted a question on Lenovo's Thinkpad forum.  Waiting to hear back.  Still trying to find out exactly what a IWD Bus enumerator is.

UPDATE:  seems the problem with my computer was that the IWD Bus enumerator was in there twice.  I looked at the driver details and both had the up to date version.  So, I uninstalled the second one:  the one with the exclamation point, and all seems to be well.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-06T19:31:22+00:00

    Thanks for the responses.  Does anyone else have trouble with there touchscreen after updating to 8.1?  I've got an ASUS with a touchscreen and since the update my screen will work sometimes and not others.  Kind of strange but not sure what to do about it.  Has anyone been able to fix it yet and have all there issues cleared up?

    same problem with my ASUS laptop too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-16T16:20:20+00:00

    How do I uninstall the 2nd IWD Bus driver?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-15T15:14:22+00:00

    the problem with the device driver IWD Bus Enumerator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-09T18:01:14+00:00

    Hi Alec and others.

    I spent two days with this, getting so many different versions of what was the problem,  but nobody offered solution.

    It seems that when Windows 8 upgrades to 8.1 External Drives cease functioning.

    Eventually with one of the searches I found that it was a Code 19 error.

    Good - tube video explains it for vista etc. I tried it it works.

    Go to start

    run

    regedit

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

    SYSTEM

    CURRENT CONTROL SET

    CONTROL

    CLASS

    LOOK for  the one that begins   ED36E965

    If You see

    Upper Filters

    Lower Filters

    Upper Filters Bak

    Lower Filters Bak

    Delete THEM

    You will see dire warnings!!

    Be brave or desperate... do it.

    REBOOT.

    It works.

    Find the video and thank the man.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments