IWD Bus Enumerator Driver

Anonymous
2013-10-25T23:16:27+00:00

So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-04T02:48:42+00:00

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 8.1 on my Lenovo T430.  The IWD Bus Enumerator is listed in the device manager twice.  One is working properly, the other says Windows can't find the driver  "(Code 31)."  Posted a question on Lenovo's Thinkpad forum.  Waiting to hear back.  Still trying to find out exactly what a IWD Bus enumerator is.

UPDATE:  seems the problem with my computer was that the IWD Bus enumerator was in there twice.  I looked at the driver details and both had the up to date version.  So, I uninstalled the second one:  the one with the exclamation point, and all seems to be well.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-27T15:36:26+00:00

    Some Asus laptops are having the same problem.  I was able to fix it by doing this:

    Open a CMD prompt.

      C:> C:\Windows\System32\IntelWiDiVAD64.exe /install

    The driver is now installed and the yellow exclamation mark is gone.

    The above seem looks to be the best fix for IWDBus driver problem.

    IWDBus is the wireless display (Mira casting). After doing the above it fixed both the driver warning and now WiDi (wireless display) are now working.

    Thank you brian2000

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-18T01:52:34+00:00

    So, I have a similar problem on my Surface Pro 3, and t just shows a yellow ! triangle on this device.  I have no idea what it's for or what it does, only that it says it can't find a driver or may be corrupted.  What do I do here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-11T17:30:31+00:00

    i was trying to plug in a motorola barcode scanner to my lenovo thinkpad E540 and got this error. the scanner is sometimes recognized and sometimes not. upon looking in device manager i am getting the 2 entries for the iwd bus enumerator and one has the issue and one looks fine. this happened twice consecutively as in an attempt to fix  the issue i have reinstalled and reimaged the computer. both times however a windows 8.1 upgrade was performed. is it possible that this is an issue with the usb 3.0 driver during an upgrade seeing as more than just one set of hardware causing the issue? another thing i have noticed is that all the computers mentioned here are ibm/lenovo machines....i have tried every solution i have found and can think of. im about to try looking at reflashing the usb chipset to see if that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-07T16:25:19+00:00

    Some Asus laptops are having the same problem.  I was able to fix it by doing this:

    Open a CMD prompt.

      C:> C:\Windows\System32\IntelWiDiVAD64.exe /install

    The driver is now installed and the yellow exclamation mark is gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments