IWD Bus Enumerator Driver

Anonymous
2013-10-25T23:16:27+00:00

So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-04T02:48:42+00:00

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 8.1 on my Lenovo T430.  The IWD Bus Enumerator is listed in the device manager twice.  One is working properly, the other says Windows can't find the driver  "(Code 31)."  Posted a question on Lenovo's Thinkpad forum.  Waiting to hear back.  Still trying to find out exactly what a IWD Bus enumerator is.

UPDATE:  seems the problem with my computer was that the IWD Bus enumerator was in there twice.  I looked at the driver details and both had the up to date version.  So, I uninstalled the second one:  the one with the exclamation point, and all seems to be well.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T04:26:11+00:00

    Still doesn't help.  I searched it, I clicked the exe, all it did was open command prompt then close it, so again I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.   The next thing I get in command promptif I try to imput the directory of the .exe location followed by install, is: is not recognized as an internal or external command. operable or batch file.

    I don't know how to do any of this whatever the problem is here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T01:21:24+00:00

    Check your system for the file IntelWiDiVAD64.exe as it might not be in the same location.

    I have a surface pro 3 with i7 and 512gb hard drive. It is running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-27T17:53:18+00:00

    Some Asus laptops are having the same problem.  I was able to fix it by doing this:

    Open a CMD prompt.

      C:> C:\Windows\System32\IntelWiDiVAD64.exe /install

    The driver is now installed and the yellow exclamation mark is gone.

    The above seem looks to be the best fix for IWDBus driver problem.

    IWDBus is the wireless display (Mira casting). After doing the above it fixed both the driver warning and now WiDi (wireless display) are now working.

    Thank you brian2000

    This last step doesn't help me any.  I did open the command prompt, typed the path or whatever that yo provided in 1 line, and all i get back from the command prompt is:  The system cannot find the path specified.  So what am I doing wrong?   I don't even know whether or not I have that driver or where tg et it because  I'm only on a Surface Pro 3.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more