IWD Bus Enumerator Driver

Anonymous
2013-10-25T23:16:27+00:00

So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-04T02:48:42+00:00

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 8.1 on my Lenovo T430.  The IWD Bus Enumerator is listed in the device manager twice.  One is working properly, the other says Windows can't find the driver  "(Code 31)."  Posted a question on Lenovo's Thinkpad forum.  Waiting to hear back.  Still trying to find out exactly what a IWD Bus enumerator is.

UPDATE:  seems the problem with my computer was that the IWD Bus enumerator was in there twice.  I looked at the driver details and both had the up to date version.  So, I uninstalled the second one:  the one with the exclamation point, and all seems to be well.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-27T15:36:26+00:00

    Some Asus laptops are having the same problem.  I was able to fix it by doing this:

    Open a CMD prompt.

      C:> C:\Windows\System32\IntelWiDiVAD64.exe /install

    The driver is now installed and the yellow exclamation mark is gone.

    The above seem looks to be the best fix for IWDBus driver problem.

    IWDBus is the wireless display (Mira casting). After doing the above it fixed both the driver warning and now WiDi (wireless display) are now working.

    Thank you brian2000

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-29T00:10:09+00:00

    Same problem with my HP ENVY 14 Sleekbook, Windows 8.1.  Seems to relate to Bluetooth file transfers with my android phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-26T14:47:56+00:00

    So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

    Same problem after I did the update to 8.1 - my machine is a Lenovo Thinkpad carbon x1 touch 3444-cuu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-28T04:32:07+00:00

    So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

    I have the same issue which appeared when I plugged in a Western Digital (WD) My Passport external HD. I also cannot eject the WD My Passport HD.   I also have a yellow triangle with exclamation point on the computer icon in Control Panel. The message states IWD BUS Enumerator: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

    Object Name already exists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments