Can't access Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-17T14:36:48+00:00

Here is my problem. Whenever I try to open Windows Store there's a message saying "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again." . But, my internet works just fine. I saw some other suggestions about using a troubleshoter, but it didn't work all it says is that my display adapter isn't up-to-date, although it is! I am using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and I wanted to download the the 8.1 update from the Store. Any reply is appreciated.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-18T11:50:35+00:00

    Now it (the troubleshooter) identifies some corrupted files,but it doesn't fix 'em

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-18T12:26:32+00:00

    I have the same problem. Windows Store would not open (no error message) and I can not switch to my Microsoft Account (message that they can't connect to Microsoft Services) either.

    I am also trying to download Windows 8.1 and using Windows 8 Pro 64

    Same issue here as well.  Tries to open and immediately shuts down without connecting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-19T11:05:33+00:00

    I have the same problem. Windows Store would not open (no error message) and I can not switch to my Microsoft Account (message that they can't connect to Microsoft Services) either.

    I am also trying to download Windows 8.1 and using Windows 8 Pro 64

    Same issue here as well.  Tries to open and immediately shuts down without connecting.

    I have the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-19T11:21:08+00:00

    I have the same problem. Windows Store would not open (no error message) and I can not switch to my Microsoft Account (message that they can't connect to Microsoft Services) either.

    I am also trying to download Windows 8.1 and using Windows 8 Pro 64

    Same issue here as well.  Tries to open and immediately shuts down without connecting.

    I have the same issue.

    Absolutely the same. Frustration in the extreme. Microsoft helps have found no errors to fix. I have spent hours, and still no access to Win 8.1. Win 8 Pro 64. Max Williams

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-19T16:31:51+00:00

    Same problem on one of my two computers. I have a Surface Pro I've upgraded to 8.1 and it connects to the store just fine. Also have a Lenovo I've upgraded to 8.1 from 8 and that one does not see the store. Get the "Not connected to the network or maybe it's the server...." message. I'm using the same outlook.com address on both for the login name. Sounds like it's something on the one computer that won't let me connect. Tried all of the suggestions here and it just refuses to connect to the store. Kind of puts into question this whole "can only install apps from the store" scenario, doesn't it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments