Can't access Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-17T14:36:48+00:00

Here is my problem. Whenever I try to open Windows Store there's a message saying "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again." . But, my internet works just fine. I saw some other suggestions about using a troubleshoter, but it didn't work all it says is that my display adapter isn't up-to-date, although it is! I am using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and I wanted to download the the 8.1 update from the Store. Any reply is appreciated.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T11:52:54+00:00

    I am surprised ..  a clean install from 7  to 8.1 should  have done the trick.

    Sorry - this was a clean re-install of the upgrade from 7 to 8. My problem here is upgrade from 8 to

    8.1

    I need a hint tho...   what are the last 6 lines in the log.

    2013-10-23 10:44:43.282, _Info_                WS   [00005320:00003732] DiscoveryService::SetOSInfo(): Edition: Professional, Type: Retail

    2013-10-23 10:44:47.151, _Info_                WS   [00005320:00002812] DiscoveryService::InstalledLocales: set to en-GB

    2013-10-23 10:44:47.151, _Info_                WS   [00005320:00002812] SetRefreshTimerWorkCallback - setting refresh time for service 0 at time 130292370775897023 (current time is 130269590871512622)

    2013-10-23 10:47:12.823, _Info_                WS   [00005320:00003732] visibilityState changed to: hidden

    2013-10-23 10:47:15.803, _Info_                WS   [00005320:00003732] visibilityState changed to: visible

    2013-10-23 10:47:18.489, _Info_                WS   [00005320:00003732] visibilityState changed to: hidden

    and what happens if you let it go 4 or 5 min?

    Nothing different happens - it has been allowed to run for up to 20 minutes. Nothing happens - endless green store screen and countdown image.

     really I would like to see the whole log.. but will settle for six last lines .. if you delete log and try again.

    Log was deleted, then the store was tried again for five minutes (approx). New log is at http://www.mcnicolwilliams.com.au/8point1/winstore.log

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T08:28:04+00:00

    I am surprised ..  a clean install from 7  to 8.1 should  have done the trick.

    I need a hint tho...   what are the last 6 lines in the log. 

    and what happens if you let it go 4 or 5 min?

     really I would like to see the whole log.. but will settle for six last lines .. if you delete log and try again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T00:11:43+00:00

    Peter, Many thanks for your note above! Thought this would get us somewhere. Created brand new log as suggested/requested - but "error" was "not found" in the log. The log is 75.5Kb after just 2 minutes, which surprised me, but the word "error" was not there. And that surprises me too! What next??

    [Other background: This installation is an upgrade form Win 7 64 Pro. After that upgrade nothing would connect to the internet except from the Start screen, so after seeking help from the MS help site, I finished up with a "Refresh" install where I had to rebuild my software profile by installing everything again from scratch. It seemed to then be a 'clean' install, with nothing left from the Win 7 installation.]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T15:51:43+00:00

    hi :)

    delete the winstore.log  (or rename if you want to keep the entries)

    it will then create a new log and just give you the details on your session.

    try to run store app ...  leave it  trying  to load a min or two.  then  close the app  (end task for good measure).

    open the new winstore.log in notepad.

    in notepad  go to edit on the menu and press find ...  (or press F3)

    type in .. error   (use find next to find them all)

    this will show you only the problem errors and help focus.

    paste the different error messages here  and we will see if can see the trouble.

    edit:  reminder   (c:\users\whatever name you have\appdata (make visible if can't see folder)\local\packages\winstore_cw5nc1h2txye\AC\temp   <-here you will find winstore.log. )

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T07:07:31+00:00

    I received a note about the App Store log. Can't interpret anything my log shows. Fact is that for me there remains no error message, just an endless white screen or green store app screen with the whirlygig countdown image. Never any log-in to the store, and of course, no update. I really don't care about the App Store, and I am glad that RT users are getting some action. But why can't users of Pro 64 get some response too??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments