Can't access Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-17T14:36:48+00:00

Here is my problem. Whenever I try to open Windows Store there's a message saying "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again." . But, my internet works just fine. I saw some other suggestions about using a troubleshoter, but it didn't work all it says is that my display adapter isn't up-to-date, although it is! I am using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and I wanted to download the the 8.1 update from the Store. Any reply is appreciated.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T23:11:18+00:00

    hi ya :)

    See I knew you were gonna say that or you would not have been here.

    The reason I asked you to remove link is  that  it may have had sensitive info in there and I do not want to compromise your security.

    But  now I am wondering if you could please send me your log  when you are in your account ...so I can compare the difference.

    In this log ...  it keeps trying to get your id...sees your are not logged into live account ...sets a wait timer..and then proceeds to check all over again ...waiting until it can identify you.

    it does not make sense that it would allow this endless loop on you.

    Now you could send that log to me (when using account) at ******@golden.net  if you wish. But you may not wish to as it might have your own credentials in there.  I can't say for sure as I do not know the hex values it returns.

    You can also  try  sticking in an Ethernet cable into your laptop to bypass the mobile authentication that is going on there...as that is different from mine.  but  yah, clutching at straws there.

    if you choose not to send log from account ...   look for words like warning,    and failure too.   and if you use a wire on laptop ...  see if that proxy  line goes away.

    best of luck ..and thanks for your patience as I well know how aggravating this issue was for me..needing the update in the store.

    edit: and also  since you are able to talk to the store ...  have your tried the wsreset.exe at the command prompt ....to reset your cache file for the store.  (I am assuming you have but I just want to be sure)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T23:09:46+00:00

    Hi! Only "Automatically select..." was checked. All the boxes were unchecked. Nothing selected related to proxies. Still the same problem. Had hoped this might work - but sadly, no, it didn't!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T22:40:49+00:00

    ....before switching to Australia where I assume you are from. hi :)

    Yes Australia

    will be awhile to study..some other notes to ///  but are you using a proxy connection?

    No. No proxy is set

    edit..and pls remove that link to your file. ty.  

    Sorry - don't understand. But will take down the web file.

    are you on a mobile device?

    No. Laptop. Connected via wireless at home for this exercise. Same with a wireless connection at the office.

    edit 2:  I think this is the key line   "HandleAuthChallenge - 401 response for https://next-services.apps.microsoft.com/Identity/Consumer, GetServiceTicket failed ...."  and my guess it is because you are using a proxy connection ..  but I am not sure why it keeps trying to  make the connection over and over again without  stopping with an error message.  (it is an endless loop)

    edit 3:  and this line clearly says that you are not logged into you account  "User is not logged-in to Live so aborting query for 'Picks for you' recommendation list."

    This was true. But if I log in with my MS account, the result is the same.

    but then again that app fixer...checks to make sure you are not on a proxy ...  in my case though It  did not work to tell me that I was not in an account.   SO maybe after all that your issue is the same as mine.. need to be in a Microsoft account is all.   now I am waiting for you to tell me.. but  I have no proxy and am on a MS account. hehe.  

    still the solution is close at hand.

    I do hope so!!!!

    Max Williams

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T22:36:41+00:00

    Took a month looking for the solution and just yesterday I managed to locate it ... enter to the old Internet Explorer TOOLS (above), INTERNET OPTIONS, CONNECTIONS, LAN SETTINGS ... Sets THERE AUTOMATICALLY DETECT AND ALSO REMOVE THE PROXY SERVER tiket (DOWN) ... YOU WILL SEE THAT HOME SCREEN WORK IF YOU STIL HAVE THE PROBLEM.

    After change to 8.1 you  must do the same to continue working with windows APP's.

    Greetings and good luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T12:05:30+00:00

    hi ..just to say I have seen the log ...and will take some time to  think on it.. but already I notice that   there are several handshaking attempts and failures and repeating to find out who you are...particularily these lines

    "Warning_             WS   [00005320:00002108] CHttpRequest::_GetProxyInfoForUrl: Autoproxy failed: 0x80072f94

    2013-10-23 10:44:33.572, _Info_                WS   [00005320:00002108] Proxy list = (null), Proxy bypass = (null), Proxy access type = 0

    2013-10-23 10:44:33.572, _Info_                WS   [00005320:00002108] CHttpRequest::_SendRequest: Calling WinHttpSendRequest, hRequest 0x"

    draw my eye.

    and in the very beginning it starts out en- GB ...which I take to be great Britain...  before switching to Australia where I assume you are from. hi :)

    will be awhile to study..some other notes to ///  but are you using a proxy connection?

    edit..and pls remove that link to your file. ty.   are you on a mobile device?

    edit 2:  I think this is the key line   "HandleAuthChallenge - 401 response for https://next-services.apps.microsoft.com/Identity/Consumer, GetServiceTicket failed ...."  and my guess it is because you are using a proxy connection ..  but I am not sure why it keeps trying to  make the connection over and over again without  stopping with an error message.  (it is an endless loop)

    edit 3:  and this line clearly says that you are not logged into you account  "User is not logged-in to Live so aborting query for 'Picks for you' recommendation list."

    but then again that app fixer...checks to make sure you are not on a proxy ...  in my case though It  did not work to tell me that I was not in an account.   SO maybe after all that your issue is the same as mine.. need to be in a Microsoft account is all.   now I am waiting for you to tell me.. but  I have no proxy and am on a MS account. hehe.   still the solution is close at hand.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments