Can't access Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-17T14:36:48+00:00

Here is my problem. Whenever I try to open Windows Store there's a message saying "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again." . But, my internet works just fine. I saw some other suggestions about using a troubleshoter, but it didn't work all it says is that my display adapter isn't up-to-date, although it is! I am using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and I wanted to download the the 8.1 update from the Store. Any reply is appreciated.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T13:53:54+00:00

    This is not just the windows store. Your computer cannot connect to a microsoft service. I have the same problem but don't know how to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-17T17:39:30+00:00

    ah sorry .. that number 5 points to a permission issue.

    netsh winhttp show proxy   ..will  show you any proxies  rather than resetting to none as in last recommendation.  This way permission or not.. it will confirm proxy or no.

    We have not explored belonging to a domain..but assuming your computer does not.

    At this point, I have no ideas.  And it is so way past time it was working for you :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-12T05:16:41+00:00

    hi ,  it looks fine  just that the bottom screenshot was not in admin mode?

    The user shown has administrative privileges. Note that in the upper screen the command is run from Sys32, not the Users folder. The command runs without an error display, and appears to be all OK.

    When I opened a console window and ran the command, I did so from my user folder and got the error shown.

    Hence my later post which shows that when I ran this command from the Sys 32 vfolder, I still got the error which does not appear in the example.

    So, is this error significant in this situation? Despite the error, it shows no proxy, but I still can't reach the app store. Frustrating!!!!! If  that error message provides a clue, that would be wonderful!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-11T03:54:43+00:00

    hi ,  it looks fine  just that the bottom screenshot was not in admin mode?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-10T09:40:46+00:00

    The screen shot shows my command line operating for the user directory - so I changed it to operate from the System 32 directory as per the example. Same result exactly - Error (5)! The screen shot is identical except for the base folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments