Can't access Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-17T14:36:48+00:00

Here is my problem. Whenever I try to open Windows Store there's a message saying "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again." . But, my internet works just fine. I saw some other suggestions about using a troubleshoter, but it didn't work all it says is that my display adapter isn't up-to-date, although it is! I am using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and I wanted to download the the 8.1 update from the Store. Any reply is appreciated.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-26T19:27:13+00:00

    Got my laptop upgraded from 8 to 8.1 with no problem. Now trying to get my desktop machine up to 8.1 and no go. Same message, We weren't able etc. etc. etc.

    Tried all the suggestions I could find except resetting and then having to reinstall all my apps. I have to say, this is the kind of thing I've grown to expect from MS over the years.

    Come on, they are suppose to be the smartest people in the world right. WTF?

    Before I reload all my apps, I will keep using 8.0 until I can afford an Apple and be done with MS fo evah!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T23:14:12+00:00

    ah sorry .. that number 5 points to a permission issue.

    netsh winhttp show proxy   ..will  show you any proxies  rather than resetting to none as in last recommendation.  This way permission or not.. it will confirm proxy or no.

    We have not explored belonging to a domain..but assuming your computer does not.

    At this point, I have no ideas.  And it is so way past time it was working for you :(

    I understand the time thing. It is an ongoing problem - just like my original Win7 to Win8 update. The problem of no internet connection could only be solved by a re-install because it took so long to diagnose, and it did take hours and hours to get nowhere

    • just like now!!!

    But why is there a permissions issue if I am in administrator mode?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T23:11:02+00:00

    Do you have an anti-virus, like Kaspersky, running?

    I am using AVG. It has settings that should be alright. But just in case, I disabled it. Problem remains. Does not seem to be an anti-virus issue. But thanks anyway!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T23:07:49+00:00

    Thank you so much. Now I know I am not just a dummy!!! I can't use Skype any more on this machine either. Used it for years, but  now it simply crashes - every time! So, no Skype, no App store - what's going on?????  I can't fix it either, obviously. So frustrating!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T21:48:16+00:00

    Do you have an anti-virus, like Kaspersky, running?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments