Can't access Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-17T14:36:48+00:00

Here is my problem. Whenever I try to open Windows Store there's a message saying "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again." . But, my internet works just fine. I saw some other suggestions about using a troubleshoter, but it didn't work all it says is that my display adapter isn't up-to-date, although it is! I am using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and I wanted to download the the 8.1 update from the Store. Any reply is appreciated.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-18T11:50:35+00:00

    Now it (the troubleshooter) identifies some corrupted files,but it doesn't fix 'em

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-18T10:00:56+00:00

    I have the same problem. Windows Store would not open (no error message) and I can not switch to my Microsoft Account (message that they can't connect to Microsoft Services) either.

    I am also trying to download Windows 8.1 and using Windows 8 Pro 64

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-18T08:23:04+00:00

    I have a similar problem, only in my case there is no message. Clicking on the store tile does nothing. Other tiles that I have tried work.

    I tried changing setting in msconfig and rebooting, creating a new account, running Windows App Troubleshooter,  nothing has worked.

    I wanted to download Windows 8.1 from the store, but I can't. That's a pity, because maybe doing so would have fixed this problem. Looks like I'm stuck on Windows 8 with no store.

    I am having this exact issue  and need it solved for the same reason.  I have tried these things also.

    and if you run that app fixer.. each time is says found corrupt file ...problem fixed..reboot for changes....  over and over again  if you keep trying the app.  as for the corrupt file...  in the details it says  windows protection has found nothing wrong.

    but.. the fact that the store works in another user account  must mean it is a simple fix... and resetting the cache was supposed to be it.  yet, for me, resetting the cache has done nothing.

    edit:  and  just this sec.. I clicked on store and it went to 210 apps for "png". I was able to get to the home page briefly before it went back to the can't connect.   At the time I was looking at another suggestion that png  should not be associated with any other program (yet it is windows viewer by default so that is not an issue).  Anyways I had just closed the file associations ...  and windows store defaulted to png listing....  very strange!  but there is a new piece of the puzzle.

    edit 2:  Still no luck  but while looking at file associations there was an option to look at store apps.  So that is why I  then came to that result in the store when pressing back button.  Sometime I can also reach the search bar that actually works  for about the same  amount of time..maybe 10 seconds.  I am starting to think windows store is just refusing connection rather than timing out as it says.  and btw: all my accounts are local.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-17T21:44:14+00:00

    I have a similar problem, only in my case there is no message. Clicking on the store tile does nothing. Other tiles that I have tried work.

    I tried changing setting in msconfig and rebooting, creating a new account, running Windows App Troubleshooter,  nothing has worked.

    I wanted to download Windows 8.1 from the store, but I can't. That's a pity, because maybe doing so would have fixed this problem. Looks like I'm stuck on Windows 8 with no store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-17T16:20:23+00:00

    Hello,

    Please try the Windows App Troubleshooter mentioned in following article to automatically found out and fix issues with modern apps:

    http://www.kapilarya.com/download-microsoft-accounts-windows-apps-troubleshooters-to-fix-casual-issues-for-windows-8

    Hope this helps, Good luck :)

    Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately it didn't change anything. I have tried this before but it only said that my display adapter is out-of-date ,but they aren't !

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments