This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-20T03:29:01+00:00

    Add me to the list of people who started having this problem. Had to reinstall Windows on a machine and now can't access Windows Store.

    Tried doing the fixes listed here to no avail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-20T11:49:28+00:00

    It seems that a lot of people got that issue after a "secret" update. In the last 3 days threads are popping everywhere. Dear Windows, please resolve this as soon as you can.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-23T04:11:48+00:00

    i habe 8.1 with bling and i got this version of winfows is no longer supported by windows store get the newest version of windows please help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-08-23T18:41:24+00:00

    Hi,

    Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

    It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

    Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

    Any advice here would be appreciated.

    I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

    Justin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-08-24T02:47:35+00:00

    So I have the same problem on my HP Envy desktop computer, just recently had to reinstall windows 8.1, after I did that is when it happened. I`ve been thinking though, this display page was obviously created by Microsoft, but for what version windows? I can think of no version of windows that used to have windows store support and now does not, so why does this display page even exist.. is this something they are planning for the future and some how got released early by mistake? I contacted Microsoft support for this problem by phone, a technician connected to my computer, browsed around a little and then told me they had to do some research on the problem, when they returned I was told that this was a known issue with windows 8.1 and that their engineers are working on an update to fix this problem but they had no idea when it would be ready for release. I personally don't think this problem is going to be fixed anytime soon...I think they would rather you upgrade to windows 10. still it is a mystery to me why this display page even exists!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments