This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-27T15:00:10+00:00

    The reset windows store followed by a restart appeared to be what fixed mine. Running windows 8.1 pro x64 all important updates installed. Note that i did not see KB2895219 listed in available or installed updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-19T05:02:32+00:00

    I am having the issue with the store not opening. I cannot uninstall KB2887595 because it is not listed in my installed updates. What else can I do? I just reformatted today, and then the error came up in the store.  

    Suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-19T14:09:03+00:00

    I have the same issue after accidentally opening the Store

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-08-19T17:29:09+00:00

    You could solve the problem, I happen the same but on a surface 2 does not allow me to access the store and also on the surface RT, return it to Windows RT 8.0 and there if the store works without any problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-08-19T23:17:55+00:00

    I've got the same issue...I tried literally everything today and I still can't open it. I even tried to send an e-mail to a support of a game I play to ask if they have a solution but I still haven't got an answer. Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments