Yes I'm having this same exact problem. Brand new computer with windows 8. I updated to windows 8.1 and now the store doesn't work. I've tried the above stated solution and nothing......
This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store
Hi,
Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".
It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.
Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?
Any advice here would be appreciated.
I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.
Justin
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2013-11-16T05:01:33+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-11-16T05:11:01+00:00 I did wsreset and it did somthing and windows store opened and gave me same error, this version of windows is not supported?
How can i fix this?
-
Anonymous
2013-11-16T13:33:19+00:00 I did wsreset and it did somthing and windows store opened and gave me same error, this version of windows is not supported?
How can i fix this?
I have the same issue and wsreset does not fix. I even reset my system and upgraded to 8.1 from the Windows store but still receive this error message after those extra steps. Please provide a solution. Thank you.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-16T13:51:04+00:00 I'll join everyone else here. Got a brand new computer yesterday, upgraded from preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and now can't access the store ("This version of Windows is no longer supported by Windows Store").
Really dont want to reinstall everything from scratch.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-16T15:01:12+00:00 Having the same problem, but not on a brand new system, rather one that is a few months old. I have never had this problem with the store before, even after upgrading to 8.1 when it was released. I installed the Windows Updates listed below last night and began receiving the Store error this morning.
- KB2908174
- KB2906956
- KB2898514
- KB2887595
- KB2901101
The WSReset.exe didn't work (simply opened the store to the error as indicated previously by another user). I have no pending updates showing in Windows Update.