This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T20:41:13+00:00

    I am ALSO having the same issue as mentioned above but only with my secondary user account( i mostly play games on this account). I've tried searching for updates repeatedly, several WSReset.exe attempts and i'm still stuck searching for answers. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T17:59:49+00:00

    I just purchased a new Windows8 based PC and did the update to 8.1, the store is not available.  I have done the restart, the WSReset.exe and looked for the updates, and no updates are available.  My store is still not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T16:37:47+00:00

    Really Microsoft???? This is a new notebook fresh out of the box and your App store is not working??? Bring XP back please!!!! I have the same issue, unfortunately the solution Justin proposed did not work for me. FIX please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-30T11:42:22+00:00

    Hi,

    We are happy to see that the issue is fixed.

    Well, the KB2895219 is related to Runtimebroker.exe process crashes on a Windows 8.1-based computer. Additionally, after the Runtimebroker.exe process crashes, you receive an error message that states that you are not connected to the Windows Store.

    Refer to the link to get the details on this update:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2895219/en-us

    Please feel free to ask if you have more queries on Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments