This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T13:33:19+00:00

    I did wsreset and it did somthing and windows store opened and gave me same error, this version of windows is not supported?

    How can i fix this?

    I have the same issue and wsreset does not fix.  I even reset my system and upgraded to 8.1 from the Windows store but still receive this error message after those extra steps.  Please provide a solution.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T05:11:01+00:00

    I did wsreset and it did somthing and windows store opened and gave me same error, this version of windows is not supported?

    How can i fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T05:01:33+00:00

    Yes I'm having this same exact problem.  Brand new computer with windows 8.  I updated to windows 8.1 and now the store doesn't work.  I've tried the above stated solution and nothing......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T04:29:07+00:00

    I think all techs are in vacation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T04:16:11+00:00

    I am having this same issue.  When I go to windows update it indicates that no updates are available so I am unable to install KB2895219.  

    Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments