This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-19T14:09:03+00:00

    I have the same issue after accidentally opening the Store

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-19T05:02:32+00:00

    I am having the issue with the store not opening. I cannot uninstall KB2887595 because it is not listed in my installed updates. What else can I do? I just reformatted today, and then the error came up in the store.  

    Suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-27T15:00:10+00:00

    The reset windows store followed by a restart appeared to be what fixed mine. Running windows 8.1 pro x64 all important updates installed. Note that i did not see KB2895219 listed in available or installed updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T07:23:32+00:00

    This solutions works for me. I just followed as you said removed that update and restarted. Magic windows store is working. This update was installed on 17/11/2013.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T00:53:48+00:00

    After receiving my new Surface today I went ahead and spent the next few hours doing all the updates.

    Lo and behold I get the same issue once I think it is finished.

    After cursing and pacing around the room for a bit, I started to remove updates one by one and can agree the above mentioned update is what is causing the problem.  Once removed, the store loads up.

    Just relieved I didn't get an expensive brick like some unlucky ones did!

    Come on MS, you are better than this.  Stop rushing updates before they have been fully tested.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments