This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-23T04:11:48+00:00

    i habe 8.1 with bling and i got this version of winfows is no longer supported by windows store get the newest version of windows please help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-20T11:49:28+00:00

    It seems that a lot of people got that issue after a "secret" update. In the last 3 days threads are popping everywhere. Dear Windows, please resolve this as soon as you can.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-20T03:29:01+00:00

    Add me to the list of people who started having this problem. Had to reinstall Windows on a machine and now can't access Windows Store.

    Tried doing the fixes listed here to no avail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-08-19T23:17:55+00:00

    I've got the same issue...I tried literally everything today and I still can't open it. I even tried to send an e-mail to a support of a game I play to ask if they have a solution but I still haven't got an answer. Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-08-19T17:29:09+00:00

    You could solve the problem, I happen the same but on a surface 2 does not allow me to access the store and also on the surface RT, return it to Windows RT 8.0 and there if the store works without any problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments