This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-24T10:11:53+00:00

    i had the same problem after doing everything i could and trying everything, i decided to re-image my laptop but then got the bright idea to just try a "refresh"(fixes problems or something without deleting files-resets to default settings and app-i think this is accurate)and the refresh actually worked, also solved the other problem which i had for more than 2 months-accounts disappeared, so at this point in time i think the "refresh the PC" option can help a lot.

    For windows 8.1(or 8 i think) go to the start menu, swipe from right and go to settings then go to the "power" tab and click restart while holding down shift, hold down shift until you see blue screen with more options, i think after that you either just click "refresh the PC" or go into advanced options and click "refresh the PC", then let it do the magic but just for some advice i recommend making a restore point or a recovery disk just in case.

    For other operating systems, i guess you could just search up "refresh PC" on google followed by your operating system(or windows edition in most cases).

    I hope this can help, Zohaib

    Did you checked the store it worked ....?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-24T08:06:40+00:00

    i had the same problem after doing everything i could and trying everything, i decided to re-image my laptop but then got the bright idea to just try a "refresh"(fixes problems or something without deleting files-resets to default settings and app-i think this is accurate)and the refresh actually worked, also solved the other problem which i had for more than 2 months-accounts disappeared, so at this point in time i think the "refresh the PC" option can help a lot.

    For windows 8.1(or 8 i think) go to the start menu, swipe from right and go to settings then go to the "power" tab and click restart while holding down shift, hold down shift until you see blue screen with more options, i think after that you either just click "refresh the PC" or go into advanced options and click "refresh the PC", then let it do the magic but just for some advice i recommend making a restore point or a recovery disk just in case.

    For other operating systems, i guess you could just search up "refresh PC" on google followed by your operating system(or windows edition in most cases).

    I hope this can help, Zohaib

    EDIT: yes this did work, the store now works, i'm able to install apps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-24T06:12:09+00:00

    Do you have this problem with your licenced product or cracked? I have same error after reinstall win 8 Single Language and i dont have any updates in my dell laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-08-24T02:47:35+00:00

    So I have the same problem on my HP Envy desktop computer, just recently had to reinstall windows 8.1, after I did that is when it happened. I`ve been thinking though, this display page was obviously created by Microsoft, but for what version windows? I can think of no version of windows that used to have windows store support and now does not, so why does this display page even exist.. is this something they are planning for the future and some how got released early by mistake? I contacted Microsoft support for this problem by phone, a technician connected to my computer, browsed around a little and then told me they had to do some research on the problem, when they returned I was told that this was a known issue with windows 8.1 and that their engineers are working on an update to fix this problem but they had no idea when it would be ready for release. I personally don't think this problem is going to be fixed anytime soon...I think they would rather you upgrade to windows 10. still it is a mystery to me why this display page even exists!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-08-23T18:41:24+00:00

    Hi,

    Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

    It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

    Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

    Any advice here would be appreciated.

    I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

    Justin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments