This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T05:11:01+00:00

    I did wsreset and it did somthing and windows store opened and gave me same error, this version of windows is not supported?

    How can i fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T05:01:33+00:00

    Yes I'm having this same exact problem.  Brand new computer with windows 8.  I updated to windows 8.1 and now the store doesn't work.  I've tried the above stated solution and nothing......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T04:16:11+00:00

    I am having this same issue.  When I go to windows update it indicates that no updates are available so I am unable to install KB2895219.  

    Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T17:59:49+00:00

    I just purchased a new Windows8 based PC and did the update to 8.1, the store is not available.  I have done the restart, the WSReset.exe and looked for the updates, and no updates are available.  My store is still not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T16:37:47+00:00

    Really Microsoft???? This is a new notebook fresh out of the box and your App store is not working??? Bring XP back please!!!! I have the same issue, unfortunately the solution Justin proposed did not work for me. FIX please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments